clipless

Sept. 17, 2010, 11:02 a.m.

Fucking A!:clap:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 17, 2010, 11:10 a.m.

Well buster, do you come out of them when you don't want to? If you do, turn them up until you don't one click at a time. Do be cautious about being too loose. The mechanism can unlatch if you hit the pedal and you're left with a one sided pedal for the ride unless you are able to fix it there. You don't loose parts but IIRC you have to dismantle the pedal a bit to get it back together.

I just got the fancy heat mold-able Shimano XC shoes. Whoa daddy those are stiff. Makes the DX shoes or those 661 shoes feel like running shoes in comparison. My feet like them that way. Pretty close to road shoe rigid.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 17, 2010, 12:25 p.m.

Well buster, do you come out of them when you don't want to? If you do, turn them up until you don't one click at a time. Do be cautious about being too loose. The mechanism can unlatch if you hit the pedal and you're left with a one sided pedal for the ride unless you are able to fix it there. You don't loose parts but IIRC you have to dismantle the pedal a bit to get it back together.

I just got the fancy heat mold-able Shimano XC shoes. Whoa daddy those are stiff. Makes the DX shoes or those 661 shoes feel like running shoes in comparison. My feet like them that way. Pretty close to road shoe rigid.

Well, my feet have bounced off a couple times in really rocky stuff. Mind you I'm on a hardtail and my chain also keeps dropping from the middle ring to the granny ring in these situations. Maybe I just need to get smoother and/or get a fooking full suspension bikey thingy doohickey.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 18, 2010, 7:58 p.m.

Earlier in this thread I asked "how do they break?" I answered my own question on Saturday. See pic! This is after 1 year and 8 days of use.

They have a 2 year warranty, (they were the Candy SLs), returned them to MEC and swapped for a new pair, Candy3s. The 3s are nicer, all aluminum, and the wings (the thing that broke) are stainless, maybe they'll last longer. Plus they were about $30 cheaper.

Long and short is I still like how the Candys feel, not so stoked on their quality - I will be inspecting them carefully from now on.

Oct. 18, 2010, 9:45 p.m.

Earlier in this thread I asked "how do they break?" I answered my own question on Saturday. See pic! This is after 1 year and 8 days of use.

They have a 2 year warranty, (they were the Candy SLs), returned them to MEC and swapped for a new pair, Candy3s. The 3s are nicer, all aluminum, and the wings (the thing that broke) are stainless, maybe they'll last longer. Plus they were about $30 cheaper.

Long and short is I still like how the Candys feel, not so stoked on their quality - I will be inspecting them carefully from now on.

If you got a year out of them, then I think you are one of the lucky ones. I had a set of mallets that lasted three months, and some candys that lasted 5 rides. Never again.

Oct. 18, 2010, 9:55 p.m.

I ripped a mallet c body off the axle once pedalling really hard and going really fast, nearly went head first into a tree….I will never use that shit again

Oct. 24, 2010, 10:17 p.m.

I use flats in the park, and my spd (caged) when I normally ride - primarily because I find it easier on my knees (likely if I rode with flats all the time, I would have better placement, but with clipless it is always spot on).

I'd still like to try the NRG Baker Street (spd on one side, pins on the flip), but always sold out at Cove et al.

Those look similar to Wellgo WAM D10.

Personally. I use this.

Wellgo W01. Lighter than Shimano XTRs, and I like it better than my XTs. Cheaper too. It's on ebay for $36 shipped.

Oct. 24, 2010, 11:13 p.m.

You gotta have toe clips. They were something that should never of gone outa style