cleat spacers?

March 15, 2015, 2:56 p.m.

So my Time pedals are digging into my shoes and actually starting to wear down the metal thing that the cleats bolt into.Im aalmost worried that the pedal retention system is going to wear right through the sole of the shoe. Im thinking of making little spacers to just protect the shoe more than anything, thoughts? Shoes are 5.10 Impact vxi btw

March 15, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

https://www.crankbrothers.com/product/shoe-shields

Like these?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 15, 2015, 3:21 p.m.

https://www.crankbrothers.com/product/shoe-shields

Like these?

Umm… but that's a Crankbrothers product.. it will probably cause your shoes to explode and void the warranty.

March 15, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

Ahh perfect, so this is a known problem then.

March 15, 2015, 6:31 p.m.

I have them on my shoes they work okay.

I invested in Crankbro's for Cyclocross, as my SPD cheats were packing up with mud. They work better in that application than SPD's. If I had to do it again I wouldn't as Crankbro suck in every other way. I hate them now, but it would cost me a small fortune to change everything over to SPD's again.

Don't do Crankbro's ever!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

March 15, 2015, 7:47 p.m.

I haven't had a problem with the time cleats eating the shoe, but did find they sat too proud of my 5:10's so all the weight was on the cleat and none on the sole. I ground down the back of the cleat a little so they sat lower in the sole of the shoe and I get more contact between the sole and the pedal.

March 16, 2015, 5:08 a.m.

I haven't had a problem with the time cleats eating the shoe, but did find they sat too proud of my 5:10's so all the weight was on the cleat and none on the sole. I ground down the back of the cleat a little so they sat lower in the sole of the shoe and I get more contact between the sole and the pedal.

Yeah its not so much the cleat eating the shoe, its the retention spring of the pedal itself eating my shoe. You know the 2 loops that grab the cleat? Yeah those and now I have 2 grooves worn into my sole and halfway through the steel backing plate thing in front and behind the cleat. Oh well I grabbed some of those crankbros guards yesterday so we'll see how they work.