Chromag Trailmaster LTD?

Sept. 22, 2017, 12:44 a.m.

I have a Trailmaster saddle on my hardtail but after five seasons the leather at the rear/outer edges is starting to tear despite regular tlc.

I am thinking about getting the Trailmaster LTD since it looks to be more durable (heavy leather versus kind of perforated on the normal Trailmaster).

I dig the looks and love the normal Trailmaster's feel. 

Do any of you guys have the LTD?

What are your experiences?

Is it worth the money?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Last edited by: Mic on Sept. 22, 2017, 12:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 22, 2017, 11:04 a.m.

I have one.  It's nice looking, no idea how the durability compares to the regular ones but I assume it's better as it's thicker leather.

I take care of mine with Sno-Seal, Viberg leather preservative or Huberd's, whichever is at hand.  It's not fussy but it does need to be treated with something or it'll dry out.

I really like mine.  I'm a sucker for natural leather.

Sept. 22, 2017, 1:19 p.m.

Need to see a Ti-railed Chromag Mood LTD!

Sept. 22, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

I had a ti railed trailmaster LTD and loved it....till the wet weather and my fat ass wore down the edges. Last I looked on the site they do not offer the ti rails anymore....bummer.

Sept. 24, 2017, 1:04 a.m.

Thanks for the replies, guess I treat myself to one then. Either charcoal colored or natural leather.

Sept. 24, 2017, 8:29 a.m.

I somehow tore my 1 month old yeti seat and i fixed it like new with an 11$ tube of aqua seal, color all the exposed white bits with a sharpie, draw the edges togetehr with tape, put a but of AQS (less is better you can always do another layer) on the cut cover it with electrical tape for 8 hrs, pull off the tape the AQS won't be quite set so you can push it around with your thumb. AQS also sticks well to leatehr so i use it on gloves, also sticks to gortex so i use it on shells & dry suits  ... awesumes stuff 

or if you are affluent just buy new gear

Sept. 24, 2017, 11:02 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I somehow tore my 1 month old yeti seat and i fixed it like new with an 11$ tube of aqua seal, color all the exposed white bits with a sharpie, draw the edges togetehr with tape, put a but of AQS (less is better you can always do another layer) on the cut cover it with electrical tape for 8 hrs, pull off the tape the AQS won't be quite set so you can push it around with your thumb. AQS also sticks well to leatehr so i use it on gloves, also sticks to gortex so i use it on shells & dry suits  ... awesumes stuff 

or if you are affluent just buy new gear

DingDingDingDing. 

That is a great idea. Not thought about it before. See what I can get over here. 

Not really affluent at present, so yeah, fixing it is more of a reasoned option.

Sept. 24, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

AQS/ seam grip/ freesole/ shoo goo its all just liquid ureathane in various consistancies

I will try and post some picts

Sept. 24, 2017, 5:16 p.m.

!

The AQS on leather is just a Black Diamond ski glove where the leather had cracked, some AQS and the shinny stuff is a layer of saran wrap to keep the AQS in place while it cures

The AQS on a Yeti naugahyde seat cover is just dabbed on and covered with electrical tape till almost cured at 6-8 hrs and then pushed around with my finger,

AQS is good stuff, these kind of  repairs will often last until the product is worn out,  I keep the openned tube in the freezer inside a sealed jar , to use it I  just quick  thaw it in a cup of boiling water

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 24, 2017, 5:24 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 24, 2017, 8:50 p.m.

Can Aqua seal repair holes in duck tape?

Sept. 25, 2017, 7:28 a.m.

Ductape is just a temporary fix SO no point in permanently fixing a temporary fix, but if you would rather buy new gear instead of fixing it ... have at er !

Oct. 9, 2017, 1:43 a.m.

I agree wtih XXX_er. Try to save more cash and get a new one instead.