Chromag Saddles - what's the difference between the Mood and the Lynx?

May 7, 2018, 9:50 a.m.

I have a trailmaster dt which is great, comfy and fits my sitbones pretty nicely.  But I am looking for something with a lower profile (so I can drop it a touch lower without having to go and get a lower profile dropper post or have my chromag's seat tube modified to be shorter.)  The Mood and the Lynx are both referred to as "low profile" and they have the same measurements listed 135mm width (compared to trailmaster's 140mm width.)  The Mood maybe sounds like it's more rugged (DH and Freeride) where as the Lynx it says all mountain.

Anyone have experience with both?  Or able to compare both or either to the trailmaster?

This is for a chromag rootdown.

Cheers.

Older than Loam.

May 7, 2018, 10:15 a.m.

The Lynx looks to be a narrowed version of the saddle you currently have . The Mood is the name changed version of the older Moon and they are a very thin in height saddle . I have the Moon version and it's a comfortable saddle , but if you love epics , you may want the thicker Lynx.

May 7, 2018, 1:10 p.m.

I get along with the Moon DT but not the Trailmaster DT.

May 10, 2018, 10:48 p.m.

Moon/mood is firmer lynx is squishier, you should just call chromag and ask they're really helpful there might be more than that, I don't have a lynx but looks to me like the mood is shorter/lower profile

Last edited by: Kevin26 on May 10, 2018, 10:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 11, 2018, 1:49 a.m.

In the event that you are intrigued to seek after engineering courses at any school or college in the UK, You can join Engineering foundation course UK. Any student can originate from any nation and go along with it. It is extremely useful at a sensible cost. For fee structure, you can keep an eye on our official site.

Last edited by: intfoundation on May 11, 2018, 2:11 a.m., edited 6 times in total.
May 11, 2018, 5:41 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Moon/mood is firmer lynx is squishier, you should just call chromag and ask they're really helpful there might be more than that, I don't have a lynx but looks to me like the mood is shorter/lower profile

Good points.  Thanks.

May 11, 2018, 8:57 a.m.

Posted by: intfoundation

In the event that you are intrigued to seek after engineering courses at any school or college in the UK, You can join Engineering foundation course UK. Any student can originate from any nation and go along with it. It is extremely useful at a sensible cost. For fee structure, you can keep an eye on our official site.

It took you 6 edits to type that?  I hope your engineering skills are better than your English.