Chicotins Tire Picks

July 18, 2018, 1:39 p.m.

nyone know if / where we can leave our trucks so we can self-shuttle back to the lodge?

yes you can. there is a gate at the end of the gun creek rd, and there is a bit of space there where you can ditch your car.  Don't block the road or gate as people use the road to access the jewel bridge.  Make sure your car isn't blocking any trails that the Chilcotin Holidays folks might use for their tours. 

Posted by: taprider

but I take it you guys don't try to clean Windy Pass or Camel Pass

Every time I ride I try to clean windy (haven't made it through the switchbacks yet) Camel can be done if you don't kill yourself on the taylor rd.

July 19, 2018, 10:15 a.m.

We got a shuttle up to 1300m the day we did Camel Pass from Taylor Creek and there was still pushing toward the end and a couple breaks on the way up. Impressive if you can clean that from the bottom!

July 19, 2018, 10:55 a.m.

there's just the one crux step/up move before the final grunt on camel that I haven't been able to clean...didn't think it was doable then saw vid of a friend making it last summer, tough lunge move for sure!

July 19, 2018, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: Bushpilot

Sounds like it will be mostly downhill

Haha. 

Run what you've got - it can get rocky out there and you don't want to slice a tire because you went too light.

July 20, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

there's just the one crux step/up move before the final grunt on camel that I haven't been able to clean...didn't think it was doable then saw vid of a friend making it last summer, tough lunge move for sure!

If your talking about the one just pass the pearson trail merge (or general area), thats a doozy.

July 20, 2018, 11:09 a.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Posted by: FlipFantasia

If your talking about the one just pass the pearson trail merge (or general area), thats a doozy.

yeah, that's the one!

July 20, 2018, 2:41 p.m.

^ depends on the year and weather conditions too

anyway glad to hear that others count technical uphill as part of the fun too