Charger Damper Upgrade. Where are all the old dampers???

April 14, 2020, 7:11 a.m.

The Rock Shox Charger damper upgrade appears to be selling well so were are all the old charger dampers for sale? Do people just throw them out? Anyone have a line on one?

I need an RCT or RC for my 2018 Lyrik. Pinkbike has non.

April 14, 2020, 4:37 p.m.

I recently ordered a NOS MiCo damper for a 26" Lyrik from Bike Recyclery...

Not sure if that helps you, sorry.

April 15, 2020, 8:13 a.m.

I think the "old" dampers are living in bubble wrap envelopes in dusty parts boxes on top garage shelves worldwide. I have been looking for some sort of a Charger to go in my 2018 MoCo Yari and don't want to pay full price for a damper (because if I did that I would just sell the fork and get a new and improved one). They seem like hen's teeth.

April 15, 2020, 9:03 a.m.

I have a bunch of lower value parts sitting in my garage. No old dampers, but I understand why people don't sell them. Just about every time I post something for sale on CL/PB I deal with enough mouth breathers that I regret it. So unless it's a high value item like a complete bike it's hard to get motivated to deal with that BS for a few $$.

April 15, 2020, 10:58 a.m.

I find my most recent PB Buy/Sell interactions have been 90% good, solid people, and 10% mutants. It's getting better. There's definitely a lower limit on selling a used item. I've mostly been giving the "not worth it" stuff to the neighbour kids and co-workers. This stuff doesn't age like fine wine.

Last edited by: mrbrett on April 15, 2020, 10:59 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 16, 2020, 2:58 p.m.

I have a charger damper from a 2015 160mm 27.5 Pike sitting in a box in my basement. I can possibly service it before selling as needed.

That said, I think the reason they're not for sale is that they were used until they needed service, and then replaced with an upgraded damper and stored. That is what I did. It seems lame to post a part that "needs service".

I did recently sell a charger damper for the Boxxer, but I bought it new and only put two rides on it. Didn't even open any of the oil that it came with. That damper I felt was worth something.

Regarding the Pinkbike buy and sell, I've started shipping items to buyers and it's made the whole process more painless. Haven't gotten scammed yet, and I liked it more than meeting people, even before they were likely to get me sick.

Maybe broaden your search to the whole country and you might find what you're looking for. I recently bought a shock from Edmonton and it was as easy as online shopping at 1/8th the price.

April 17, 2020, 9:58 a.m.

I see a few piles on Pinkbike but no Lyrik danpers