Charger damper for BoXXer

June 15, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

Put some time in on my new charger damper today…

Holy what an improvement!!!! I was running the 2013 Boxxer RC, and it seriously feels like a whole new fork after the charger. I'm terrible at relaying any kind of important information, but I just thought I'd let you guys know this is easily the best $369 I've spent on my DH bike[/QUOTED]

Any other changes to your Boxxer other than the Charger damper? New seals as well? I have a 2012 WC that I would love to do the upgrade to but was wondering if you change the damper what else should be done… could get expensive.

I had just replaced the seals a couple rides before, and I usually do the fork cleaning/rebuilds myself, so besides the charger damper the only cost was my time. It was actually really easy to install too, just gotta follow the provided instructions

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

June 16, 2014, 6:50 a.m.

I had just replaced the seals a couple rides before, and I usually do the fork cleaning/rebuilds myself, so besides the charger damper the only cost was my time. It was actually really easy to install too, just gotta follow the provided instructions

Thanks.. good to know.

July 12, 2014, 7:55 p.m.

Yup, I just got some ride time on mine and it is well worth the money. So worth it if you have an older Boxxer.

July 12, 2014, 8:18 p.m.

My Boxxer WC upgrade turned out to be a 2014 Fox 40 Float. Wow, now this is what a proper DH fork should feel like.

July 12, 2014, 8:57 p.m.

^why no BOS?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 12, 2014, 9:22 p.m.

^why no BOS?

The price was right… BOS was also on my shortlist.

July 14, 2014, 7:17 a.m.

I also have a few runs on the Charger now. I really like the upgrade from the RC. I need to do some finetuning as I bottomed out on a bigger drop. Overall the feel is way different that the old more basic RC set up. I've been looking at the R2C2 upgrade or buying a new fork.

July 17, 2014, 4:03 p.m.

Hi guys,

Does the spring weight required remain the same? Or does the cartridge itself provide some additional compression damping, or progressivity vs traditional boxxer cartridges?

July 28, 2014, 3:06 a.m.

Problem solved

July 28, 2014, 9:48 a.m.

What are you guys running for rebound settings?

I have one full whistler day on a boxxer RC with Charger damper. I had a hard time finding the rebound setting I liked, and found that the fork got overwhelmed at times. I was running no compression at all. Perhaps I need to break in the boxxer chassis first? It was brand new. Does the cartridge itself have a break-in time?

My first impression was pretty good, but not mind blowing. The fork felt good overall, just very different. Like an elastomer feel, and less mechanical that my 888. I'm 200-210 lbs, with a firm spring, I ride everything in the park and was running no compression. I did manage use all the travel but never in a violent way. It was dealing with big hits really well, and was still riding high, almost too high in its travel. It was making the rear feel too active and saggy (DB coil - 550 spring - v10).

Maybe the charger is best suited to the solo air spring with a soft initial stoke and a more progressive spring curve?

July 28, 2014, 10:03 a.m.

What are you guys running for rebound settings?

I have one full whistler day on a boxxer RC with Charger damper. I had a hard time finding the rebound setting I liked, and found that the fork got overwhelmed at times. I was running no compression at all. Perhaps I need to break in the boxxer chassis first? It was brand new. Does the cartridge itself have a break-in time?

My first impression was pretty good, but not mind blowing. The fork felt good overall, just very different. Like an elastomer feel, and less mechanical that my 888. I'm 200-210 lbs, with a firm spring, I ride everything in the park and was running no compression. I did manage use all the travel but never in a violent way. It was dealing with big hits really well, and was still riding high, almost too high in its travel. It was making the rear feel too active and saggy (DB coil - 550 spring - v10).

Maybe the charger is best suited to the solo air spring with a soft initial stoke and a more progressive spring curve?

I think you would best be served by going to http://www.vorsprungsuspension.com/ or http://www.fluid-function.com/. These guys are going to help you get sorted better than anyone.

My 2 cents would be to get a stiffer coil in the rear to balance out the front and put at least once compression click in the fork to at least activate the circuit.

Let me know how it turns out.

:canada:

July 28, 2014, 12:04 p.m.

Great advice thanks!

I should keep in mind, as should everyone, that the more you dial your bike towards perfection, the faster you can comfortably carry speed. And the faster you go, the rougher things become again.

I have more than 10 full park days this summer, and I have been carefully dialing and modifying my bike to wear I am happy. in the process, im getting lots of practice in, and my bike is performing better than it was at the start of the season….SO, I might be incorrectly judging my suspension performance as being harsh, while in actuality im going faster than I was at the start of the year.

We should measure our bikes tune by stoke and confidence factor, that which I had a lot of last ride!

Cheers

Aug. 2, 2014, 9:46 p.m.

I have more than 10 full park days this summer,…

OMG! 10 FULL DAYS!

Dude, are you a pro?

Aug. 3, 2014, 9:29 p.m.

OMG! 10 FULL DAYS!

Dude, are you a pro?

I only ride park and I am faster than you.

Aug. 3, 2014, 9:37 p.m.

I only ride park and I am faster than you.

Well played…