CB Seatpost Small Part Repalcement Options

March 8, 2021, 12:29 p.m.

I've lost the knurled nut that connects the cable to my Crank Bothers High-line Dropper Post:

It's a threaded aluminum cap that slides over the grey plastic base and holds the cable/actuation assembly to the post. The post does not work without it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sourcing some sort of replacement nut?

It doesn't seem like a common part that I'll find easily, and I'm not very hopeful that I'll hear back from CB after reading a few of the threads on MTBR.

March 10, 2021, 9:30 p.m.

Turns out there was just an issue with e-mail. CrankBrothers had responded with all of the information I needed right away, but I didn't get the e-mail for some reason.

I followed up today through their site's live-service-support. They re-sent the e-mail right away. I had the part # and distributor. Kinetic Cycles will have it in for me for $9 next week.

CrankBrothers also said they could ship it, but said shipping cost more than the part so I should try to ask some local shops first.

It was a painless experience. I'm very happy with the Crank Brothers service, and Kinetic for responding very promptly to their e-mail.