Canyon Bikes

Jan. 8, 2022, 5:08 p.m.

Nice,  stoked to see it when it's done :)

Jan. 13, 2022, 12:36 p.m.

Nice, those newer frame design Senders look awesome. Keep us posted with what you think when the park opens up, especially compared to your Tues. Did you go 27.5, mullet or 29er?

Jan. 13, 2022, 4:10 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Nice, those newer frame design Senders look awesome. Keep us posted with what you think when the park opens up, especially compared to your Tues. Did you go 27.5, mullet or 29er?

I went CFR Mullet.  I went L and will be setting the headset and chainstay to short/-8 which would put it in the same ballpark as my XL TUES.  Can't wait.. only 120ish more days.

Jan. 18, 2022, 12:21 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: Kenny

You might notice a difference if you need warranty. Lots of canyon warranty horror stories floating around. I've only had personal experience with SC and they took great care of me. 

I feel like all of these "cheap euro brands" like canyon and YT are a bit of a roll of the dice. If I lived in Germany/Austria/France etc I'd be more inclined, I bet the support is better.

no it isn’t

Horror stories from locals in my area and some of the older locals in Winterberg kept me from buying Canyon or YT. 

But....that orange bike looks nice, hope you have fun with it. Send it.

Jan. 19, 2022, 7:53 a.m.

I think if you are someone with many thousands of $$$$$ in spare parts, spare bikes, do all your own work, don't worry about warranty issues buying a  Canyon or YT is fine

Jan. 19, 2022, 8:26 a.m.

I saw ReductiMat rip a crank arm in half on his YT and I’m pretty sure he was back in the lift line a few hours later. He’ll be fine.

Jan. 19, 2022, 4:03 p.m.

hahaha, I forgot about that day... I was having a lot of fun up until that point too.

Jan. 20, 2022, 12:34 p.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

I saw ReductiMat rip a crank arm in half on his YT and I’m pretty sure he was back in the lift line a few hours later. He’ll be fine.

As we used to say around here...pics, or it did not happen.

Jan. 20, 2022, 6:21 p.m.

I actually have video somewhere.. but of all my crank-breaks, it's in a pretty uninteresting spot.  I struck a rock pedaling between Crabapple Hits and A-Line.

Jan. 22, 2022, 2:25 p.m.

I think parts takes a cumulative shit kicking from something or some things you have done that are not necessarily a result of what you did at the exact time a part broke, yeah it broke just riding along but how about what you did  last week ? Breaking a crank or frame  on crabapple hits could really hurt

Jan. 22, 2022, 2:53 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

yeah it broke just riding along but how about what you did last week?

And this is why regular maintenance and inspections of high risk sports equipment is extremely important.

Me? I'm not very fast and I don't get more than 10 - 15 feet from the ground for more than half a second or so, I'm not personally that worried about it

Someone who regularly rides pro lines and sends Crabapple and the like? Yeah I'd be a little more diligent inspecting high risk break points on my bike a little more often.

Now this is not to imply at all that Reductimat did anything wrong, just saying that in general people who do more dangerous stuff could probably inspect their gear a little more often. You won't catch it all of course but some is better than none.

Jan. 22, 2022, 5:42 p.m.

I was in the gondola when my buddy scratched some mud off my down-tube and showed me I had a big crack near the head-tube. Safety justifies replacing parts on a semi-regular basis.

Jan. 22, 2022, 7:26 p.m.

Back in the freeride day I remember reading about the guys at Steed find 10 bikes with cracked frame in one day

Jan. 26, 2022, 1:27 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: grambo

I went CFR Mullet.  I went L and will be setting the headset and chainstay to short/-8 which would put it in the same ballpark as my XL TUES.  Can't wait.. only 120ish more days.

Nice. I went mullet on my trail bike. Would love to try a mullet DH bike at some point.. works well for me.

Jan. 26, 2022, 12:09 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Posted by: XXX_er

yeah it broke just riding along but how about what you did last week?

And this is why regular maintenance and inspections of high risk sports equipment is extremely important.

Me? I'm not very fast and I don't get more than 10 - 15 feet from the ground for more than half a second or so, I'm not personally that worried about it

Someone who regularly rides pro lines and sends Crabapple and the like? Yeah I'd be a little more diligent inspecting high risk break points on my bike a little more often.

Now this is not to imply at all that Reductimat did anything wrong, just saying that in general people who do more dangerous stuff could probably inspect their gear a little more often. You won't catch it all of course but some is better than none.

This is very true in my experience. All my crank/frame failures have been JRA. I had a steel hartail snap the downtube while pedalling uphill. Could have happened just as easily off a drop. Also I am sure it could have been avoided entirely if I had inspected my frame regularly.

On the other hand I always liked this photo which I wouldn't have if not for my lack of inspecting. On the other hand, walking out 5km sucked that day....

Last edited by: RAHrider on Jan. 26, 2022, 12:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.