Canyon Bikes

Dec. 22, 2021, 4:20 p.m.

Has anyone purchased one from them lately?  Does the Duty line item cover taxes, or is taxes extra and on top of the duty?

Dec. 23, 2021, 9:48 a.m.

From how I understand it, if the duty is 13%, that is just duty. You would additionally pay GST and shipping.

This was one of the comments on the release article on that other site:

As per Canyon's website:

"Q: Are there additional costs after ordering?

"A: All prices on our website are net prices. The following additional charges apply: CAD 99 shipping for bikes, CAD 49 for accessories, CAD 29 for the Bike Guard – our custom reusable transport box – as well as an optional CAD 99 fee for delivery and assembly by Velofix. UPS will charge an additional 13% import duty for bikes and between 0 and 18% for other gear. In addition, UPS will charge sales tax depending on your location (GST/PST or HST)”

Last edited by: Cheez1ts on Dec. 23, 2021, 9:52 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 23, 2021, 9:58 a.m.

Kind of sounds like fuck that to me.

Dec. 23, 2021, 9:53 p.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

From how I understand it, if the duty is 13%, that is just duty. You would additionally pay GST and shipping.

This was one of the comments on the release article on that other site:

As per Canyon's website:

"Q: Are there additional costs after ordering?

"A: All prices on our website are net prices. The following additional charges apply: CAD 99 shipping for bikes, CAD 49 for accessories, CAD 29 for the Bike Guard – our custom reusable transport box – as well as an optional CAD 99 fee for delivery and assembly by Velofix. UPS will charge an additional 13% import duty for bikes and between 0 and 18% for other gear. In addition, UPS will charge sales tax depending on your location (GST/PST or HST)”

Thanks, couldn't find that anywhere.

Dec. 23, 2021, 9:56 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Still about $3k cheaper than a V10 CC X01 purchased here when all is said and done.

Dec. 24, 2021, 6:58 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: FLATCH

Still about $3k cheaper than a V10 CC X01 purchased here when all is said and done.

Ya, but I’ve always thought SC are WAY overpriced and could never see laying down that kind of cake for something I’m going to beat on. Only my opinion carry on.

Dec. 24, 2021, 8:48 a.m.

Where are the Canyon bikes shipping from? I've never paid any duty on a bike shipped from the US to Canada. Just brokerage + PST + GST.

Dec. 24, 2021, 9:04 a.m.

You might notice a difference if you need warranty. Lots of canyon warranty horror stories floating around. I've only had personal experience with SC and they took great care of me. 

I feel like all of these "cheap euro brands" like canyon and YT are a bit of a roll of the dice. If I lived in Germany/Austria/France etc I'd be more inclined, I bet the support is better.

Dec. 24, 2021, 9:37 a.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Where are the Canyon bikes shipping from? I've never paid any duty on a bike shipped from the US to Canada. Just brokerage + PST + GST.

It's coming from Germany.

Dec. 24, 2021, 9:38 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

You might notice a difference if you need warranty. Lots of canyon warranty horror stories floating around. I've only had personal experience with SC and they took great care of me. 

I feel like all of these "cheap euro brands" like canyon and YT are a bit of a roll of the dice. If I lived in Germany/Austria/France etc I'd be more inclined, I bet the support is better.

Here's to hoping the Sender is cheap like my '17 and '18 Tues'.  My horror stories came from bikes made by Intense and Devinci.

Dec. 24, 2021, 10:56 a.m.

A good buddy of mine who moved to Switzerland swears by the YT bikes and he gets them cheap in Austria. The problem for as as stated above, if you crack a frame good luck getting the warranty sorted in BC. The customer support here is a joke.

I personally keep it to buying bike brands that are local PNW companies, and then you have no headaches. The guys at Evil and Transition have been top knotch to deal with when issues arise.

Last edited by: bux-bux on Dec. 24, 2021, 11 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 24, 2021, 2:13 p.m.

no it isn’t

Jan. 7, 2022, 6:04 p.m.

Bike was in Richmond in less than seven days from ordering.  I ordered the bike one or two days before Christmas as you can see above.

UPS is struggling.  They shat the bed a few times.

I paid about 18% extra of the price you see on the website once taxes and all  that extra bullshit is factored in.

It is sexy as hell and I can't wait for this white shit to fuck off.

Jan. 7, 2022, 8:38 p.m.

Build pics when

Jan. 7, 2022, 9:26 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Build pics when

hahah.. here she is before surgery.