Can't get the stink out, it's been hanging round for days...

June 25, 2020, 11:23 a.m.

FYI I found a major place of odour for myself was my helmet liners... 

might be a good idea for people to soak/wash those and let them air out in the sun for a while.

June 27, 2020, 11:59 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: JBV

Also somewhat related to this topic.... Mental note to self, never buy MTB shorts without belt loops. I lose weight every spring/ summer. Then proceed to bitch my shorts won't stay up because I'm at the max smallest with the lame velcro systems they are flogging....

So much this.

June 27, 2020, 6:15 p.m.

I got some Sombrio shorts you can use a  shoe lace or a real belt  to keep them up ...works great

Seen it in paddling with Neorprene booties and such, you need some thing to  chemicaly deal with stink

that would be Mirazyme or the Nikwax  product

or just try vinegar

July 7, 2020, 3:07 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

Nikwax basewash is the product you are looking for. great stuff, life changing, etc.

Yes bought some. So far after jersey warms up from body heat.... No stink. Finally, thx for the info. 🤟

Also somewhat related to this topic.... Mental note to self, never buy MTB shorts without belt loops. I lose weight every spring/ summer. Then proceed to bitch my shorts won't stay up because I'm at the max smallest with the lame velcro systems they are flogging....

I bought an Arcade belt from MEC this spring and love the thing for mtb shorts, keeps them up nice and high, no risk of catching the crotch on the saddle nose and pulling a Gwin.

July 7, 2020, 3:19 p.m.

July 7, 2020, 7:53 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Haha! Nice!

https://reddit.app.link/uG14hjkvW7

July 10, 2020, 8:39 a.m.

+ 1 to that belt. I have buddies who swear by suspenders, I’d go for them too if I came across something low profile and elastic. I love em for snowboard pants. 

Vinegar and time on the line in the sun has fixed the stink for me. And I fuckin stink!

July 10, 2020, 2:27 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Vinegar and time on the line in the sun has fixed the stink for me. And I fuckin stink!

Thats cool, I have never actualy tried the vinegar thing so I always wonder if you smell Vinegar afterwards ?

July 10, 2020, 2:49 p.m.

Vinegar soak and then regular wash - no residual stink, nor anyone chasing you with french fries.