cannondale f7 with dual crown 7 inch suspension on the front??

Nov. 30, 2009, 11:06 p.m.

do you think this would be good on this bike or should i go for a bigger frame?
id like a hard tail..but i dont see many with dual crown on the front…id ride a dual suspension as well but i was thinking of easing back into riding and using the bike to get to work as well to help get into shape and i think a dual suspension might just kill me if i rode it to work,,,but be way fun on the trails…
what thoughts have you all?

Nov. 30, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

just stick to a smaller single crown fork on the F7. That bike was designed around a fork with 100mm of travel so that's around the travel you should try to stick with. Besides that sticking a dual crown fork on that frame would rip the head tube right out.

A smaller fork will make the bike more maneuverable and help your progress quicker. In addition, that dual crown fork would make your front end much heavier had harder to maneuver.

Do you need a fork? I have an old old school Sid you can have. I think it still works…

Just Ride.

Dec. 1, 2009, 12:51 a.m.

allright …i was looking at the frame and the shock and im glad i asked…i could use the shock demo…unfortunately my truck is being a pile of crap lately so long travel trips are not possible but maybe when i manage to get my car on the road ill come get it or if your out in pitt meadows area or close we could meet sometime..
im thinking since i got the big fork and the ht frame maybe ill look round for a fs frame as well and make two bikes,,,lol..wifes gonna love me…hmmm maybe on for her and one for me…
thanks demo.