Canfield Riot?

Aug. 21, 2019, 7:48 a.m.

Anyone riding one of these?

I'm looking to get into the mid travel 29er game - SB130, evil offering, process 134 etc. 

Seems like if you take a Canfield Riot and size up one size you end up with a bike that's as "modern" from a geometry perspective as anything. 

I guess the downside is Canfield doesn't really exist any more so if it cracks you're pretty much SOL... 

Still, they can be found with minimal use for literally a third or less of what an offering or sb130 will cost, and they use the same shock as my current 650b bike uses (which I have two "spare" shocks for including a Dhx2). 

Thoughts?

Aug. 21, 2019, 1:52 p.m.

Would you be able to get a new derailer hanger for the Riot if it broke? And this may be a bit besides the question, but did you look at the Banshee Prime? Same travel range, not too shabby geometry, uses the same 200x57mm shock and can be had new with warranty. I think they even sell a frame option without shock.

Aug. 21, 2019, 7:23 p.m.

You can buy hangers from wheels manufacturing but I still definitely get your point- having a frame from a defunct or at least semi-defunct company is certainly less than ideal which I imagine is also part of what drives their prices down on the used market.

I like the idea of the prime, but I want a steeper seat tube than the prime, and at 465mm for a large and 485 for an x-large I feel a little in between sizes.