Cane Creek Double Barrel Rear Shock

Nov. 8, 2006, 11:15 a.m.

true,there are some bikes with limitations still, there is always the Avy's for the DHR thoug.

.:NSTP:.

Nov. 3, 2007, 6:03 p.m.

Gravedig!

Anyone able to suggest a supplier for one of these in Vancouver (or North Van preferably)?

I ride Bikes

Nov. 3, 2007, 7:52 p.m.

Isnt Steed the place to go?

Nov. 3, 2007, 8:15 p.m.

Two or three of the fastest racers here in New England were running Double Barrels on their Sinister R9's within the last year or two, and all of them snapped the shock in two. Supposedly the shaft of the shock is rather thin and thus was unable to withstand the severe abuse of those top notch racers. However I have only heard of this happening on R9's, as supposedly the first bit of the travel on those particular frames puts pressure perpendicular to/into the shock itself, thus resulting in a cracked shaft. I'm not positive that this is fact though so don't quote me on it.

Nov. 3, 2007, 10:41 p.m.

Two or three of the fastest racers here in New England were running Double Barrels on their Sinister R9's within the last year or two, and all of them snapped the shock in two. Supposedly the shaft of the shock is rather thin and thus was unable to withstand the severe abuse of those top notch racers. However I have only heard of this happening on R9's, as supposedly the first bit of the travel on those particular frames puts pressure perpendicular to/into the shock itself, thus resulting in a cracked shaft. I'm not positive that this is fact though so don't quote me on it.

Seems unlikely. The shaft of the DB is steel, as opposed to something like a dhx which is aluminium. The steel shaft can get away with being a lot thinner. That said, my armchair engineering says the R9 does put a lot of shear load on the shaft, judging by the angle.

The DB on my '07 dhr has been fine. It's a pain in the ass to get at the adjustments, but other than that, no problems whatsoever, and it feels great, although I've limited experience of other shocks to make a comparison. The spherical bearings have been all good, and Malcom was super helpful in getting me set up with the shock in the first place. I'm full of praise.

Nov. 3, 2007, 10:45 p.m.

Seems unlikely.

It did happen, I was saying I'm not sure as to whether it is a problem stemming from the R9's design. However, this seems only to have happened on R9's and there are legitimate reasons to believe that it is more the fault of the frame, not the shock. I would be more than willing to run a Double Barrel on any other frame.

Nov. 4, 2007, 10:21 a.m.

The double barrels shaft isn't even hollow, because the oil does not have to flow through the shaft, where the rebound adjust would be placed on most shocks. So the shaft should be as tough as most others fat alu. shafts. Also other shocks use a wide shaft to displace more oil, which the DB doesn't have to do.

.:NSTP:.

Nov. 4, 2007, 12:14 p.m.

Lets see a full pic of that sexy bike seand, please and thankyou.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 5, 2007, 12:55 p.m.

how hard do you ride your 6.6? I picked up the uzzi vpx last year, and i do wonder how much abuse the 6.6 can take compared to the uzzi.