Can I Mail Guide Brakes to RockShox Directly for a "Soft" Recall?

July 12, 2019, 11:48 a.m.

Reading through the comment section of the new RockShox Reverb dropper post, someone mentioned RockShox was/is replacing guides that had master cylinder piston swell and stopped working, no receipt no questions asked.

I have two pairs that I bought off JensonUSA (so I guess I have receipts somewhere in my inbox).

Anyone have any luck just mailing their seized codes to RockShox directly? 

Or has anyone ever gone through on online vendor like Jenson to get warranty?

July 12, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

I wish I could do this with my two pairs of X.0 brakes. 

Saying that I wouldn’t use anything they’d sent as a return. I’d b&s it

July 12, 2019, 9:35 p.m.

SRAM doesnt like dealing cross border. I think you'll be told to go pound sand/deal with LTP or HLC. Who should still help you out IMO if you have proof of purchase and a shop that is willing to handle the warranty and interface with LTP.

July 13, 2019, 5:17 a.m.

Chat with the crew in Squamish. You might be able to get them serviced or replaced.

http://www.fluid-function.com/

I know yrs back I bought a fork from Jensens and it leaked oil. Marzocchi locally here fixed it with proof of purchase.

July 13, 2019, 9:50 a.m.

Posted by: Cheez1ts

Reading through the comment section of the new RockShox Reverb dropper post, someone mentioned RockShox was/is replacing guides that had master cylinder piston swell and stopped working, no receipt no questions asked.

I have two pairs that I bought off JensonUSA (so I guess I have receipts somewhere in my inbox).

Anyone have any luck just mailing their seized codes to RockShox directly? 

Or has anyone ever gone through on online vendor like Jenson to get warranty?

I had something like this happen once. Speak with Jenson. They're great to deal with. They sent me a shipping label, I packed up my old stuff and sent it back to Jenson. A couple of days later they emailed me a discount for the value of replacements at full price and they handled the warranty internally. It was tidy. I was very satisfied with the service.

July 16, 2019, 8:16 p.m.

I believe warranty time periods still apply on this one, i.e. Ultimates are 3 year warranty, the rest are 2 years.

July 16, 2019, 10:35 p.m.

For a while Sram were being easy going regarding receipts and the like, but now it's back to normal warranty terms.

Also, Fluid Function are a Rockshox suspension service center and while I'm sure Shawn and the crew can tear down a Sram brake like the best of them, that's not really what they are there for.

July 17, 2019, 8:49 a.m.

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

For a while Sram were being easy going regarding receipts and the like, but now it's back to normal warranty terms.

Also, Fluid Function are a Rockshox suspension service center and while I'm sure Shawn and the crew can tear down a Sram brake like the best of them, that's not really what they are there for.

You sure?? I remember being in there before and they had tons of groupos and brakes. Shawn was a major outlet source for Sram sponsored riders.