Camera's

Aug. 7, 2005, 6:28 p.m.

Im thinking of starting to take pics of people biking and really getting into that stuff. But i got no clue what kind of camera i should use? or anything of that sort. thanks :agree:

Money Bags

Aug. 7, 2005, 10:49 p.m.

Just get a good point and shoot digital camera until you get the feeling for lighting, composition and timing. Don't go overboard price wise on your fist camera. You just want something with a decent lens that has a relatively fast reaction time taking the picture or you'll have some stellar shots of dark people landing.

Aug. 7, 2005, 11:04 p.m.

It all depends on how much you wanna pay or should I say willing to pay. Point and shoot will only get you so far. They can have alot of features to allow you to get the photo you want, but it will only take you so far with the right amount of knowledge as well. A "pro-er" point and shoot camera will be like an SLR, but will never focus as fast or give you the touch of the finger capabilities of a SLR. Check out this site its great for getting to understand photography and how the basic function on the camera work http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/enjoydslr/index.html

Good point and shoots will be aroud the same price as entry level SLRs these days.

If you decide on buying a digital SLR it will cost around $1000 new.
2 great entry level options are the Nikon D50 and Canon Digital Rebel XT aka 350.

If you decide to get the Nikon, get the kit lense which comes on the D70, its an excellent lense for the price which is like an extra $100 on the $1000, but it beats both the D50s and Canon XTs kit lenses.

Also, start doing research before you buy, and go to the camera store and ask them for insight and perhaps to try out a few cameras.

Good Luck

Hoots Gear/Dizzy Cycles/Kenda USA/eNVy

Bonz Lever for __sale__ for Hayes & Hayes 8" adapter for Boxxer