Bullit's Are they good? ~now with brake jack~

Feb. 23, 2006, 7:25 p.m.

I have to disagree.

You'll feel brake jack by braking in rough tech section, you'll feel it braking before a rough bumpy corner, you'll feel it braking down rough rocky section. Once you start braking the suspension stiffens up, which make the ride rough and makes you want to slow down even more, causing the suspension to stiffen more. Some people, generally the better riders, don't feel it at all or it doesn't really bother them. That's mostly because they are off the brakes alot more and let the suspension do its job. Slower more tentative riders with notice it more, but probably don't realize it until they hop on a non single pivot bike and feel the difference. That's how it worked for me. I never new what brake jack was until I bought an FSR bike and noticed the lack of it.

This man is correct. As much as I love my Bullit, I started to actually notice the brake jack more as I became a better rider (without riding a different bike). The good thing is that once I was sensitive enough to what my bike was doing to notice it I was also a good enough rider to know how (and have the confidence) to minimize it.

But all-around, it's a great, versatile bike. I've had mine for a couple of years now [HTML_REMOVED] I've been incredibly happy with it.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

Feb. 23, 2006, 9:32 p.m.

I came from FSR system onto my bullit. Noticed brake jack at first, but relized it was becuase I was raping my brakes. Now, I have no feeling of it. And its not just because I havent ridden other bikes these days because I have. But hey, If you like riding the rear brake. Dont get the bike.

Feb. 23, 2006, 10:06 p.m.

brake jack is a myth, if its actually noticable to you, you gotta go faster. soon this is going to turn into a single pivot vs 4bar debate, everyone thinks they're right and no ones oppinion is valid. as for the trade i think you've found your answer.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Feb. 23, 2006, 10:34 p.m.

i have a norco 4by and a turner dhr.

with the dhr i can feal the break jack, it does make the rear end tighter. and i have to stay off the breaks more.

Feb. 23, 2006, 11:27 p.m.

braking=slowing down
not braking=going faster
I like to go fast…:coo:

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 24, 2006, 9:42 p.m.

If this turns intoa debate I'll just nuke the thread. I was hoping that it die off on it's own seeing as how I got the good advice that I knew I'd get.

Anyway, the bike may very well sell.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Feb. 24, 2006, 10:06 p.m.

I know Ive said it once but I'll say it again. The bullit is a VERY versatile bike when set up correctly.
the bullit frame is quite light (9lbs) and with the 5th tuned properly it will perform very well in any number of situations. Clydesdale guys ride XC on them with a heavy duty XC build, and other guys huck them huge with a full on freeride build. The bottom line is that the bike can be made to be a "true" freeride bike, one bike that can do it all..
I'll be keeping mine now that Ive realised that I want a bike that's really versatile. With a slightly lighter parts spec I could have mine down to a paltry 38lbs still with the boxxer up front, or If i want to go to a lighter 6" SC fork I could drop another couple pounds off that. Set it up with a granny ring and front derailer and I feel I could easily take it on all day epics - and be happy with performance both riding up and ripping it down.

Feb. 24, 2006, 10:29 p.m.

I know Ive said it once but I'll say it again. The bullit is a VERY versatile bike when set up correctly.
the bullit frame is quite light (9lbs) and with the 5th tuned properly it will perform very well in any number of situations. Clydesdale guys ride XC on them with a heavy duty XC build, and other guys huck them huge with a full on freeride build. The bottom line is that the bike can be made to be a "true" freeride bike, one bike that can do it all..
I'll be keeping mine now that Ive realised that I want a bike that's really versatile. With a slightly lighter parts spec I could have mine down to a paltry 38lbs still with the boxxer up front, or If i want to go to a lighter 6" SC fork I could drop another couple pounds off that. Set it up with a granny ring and front derailer and I feel I could easily take it on all day epics - and be happy with performance both riding up and ripping it down.

Ya, my bullit is about 39lbs with with my boxxer world cup and a 5th. Its pretty heavy duty spec minus the rear wheel. Dual DH tubes.

Feb. 25, 2006, 4:32 p.m.

Trini-dad were you at caps today? new west minster inbetween 2 30 to 3 ish? i think it was you taht i saw.. i had a bike with me red aline by the door and i was wearing red shorts and navy or dark blue hoodie, glasses. i think u were wearing grey jacket and jeans…

Feb. 25, 2006, 6:06 p.m.

Have to stand up for teh bullit. Up, down, hucks, whistler..it does it all. Large with 5th element and 888's and comes in just under 44 pounds. My only complaints are the standover height, lack of der hanger [HTML_REMOVED] the soft paint. I'm looking forward to what they do with the redesign.

Feb. 25, 2006, 6:37 p.m.

htpride, yeah man, I was there. A couple of friends were there too with me, and they were looking for deals. I also spied that Session7 and had to run away. It's a nice bike, but it's the wrong bike…

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Feb. 25, 2006, 6:42 p.m.

brake jack is a myth, if its actually noticable to you, you gotta go faster.

I am an idiot.

650 Racing: Poppin' our collars, tossin' up dollars.

Feb. 25, 2006, 7:57 p.m.

whys that? becasue you cant prove me wrong? dont be such a puss, and ride your bike how its meant to be ridden. you only notice brake jack when going slow. make sense danny boy?

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Feb. 25, 2006, 8:32 p.m.

[chants in best high school voice]
fight
fight
fight
fight
fight
fight
fight
fight
[crowd gathers but no action]

Feb. 25, 2006, 8:34 p.m.

^sorry I couldn't resist…it must be the brake jack affecting my brain…
:crazy: :high: :dizzy: