Bullit back for '07?

Jan. 27, 2006, 9:50 p.m.

How can you say the bullit is the all-type bike of SC, it's a EIGHT INCH travel bike. I'd say the hecker and the nomad are the do it all bikes. All you need is around 6" nowadays for anything unless your a hack.

Do i even need to comment. or does everyone already know what im going to say?

Jan. 27, 2006, 10:22 p.m.

Well, first of all, he is wrong, it is 7 inches, secondly, the rest is personal opinion. Although, I must add, eight inches has worked quite well with my hackness.

22 Pride

Jan. 28, 2006, 6:25 a.m.

How can you say the bullit is the all-type bike of SC, it's a EIGHT INCH travel bike. I'd say the hecker and the nomad are the do it all bikes. All you need is around 6" nowadays for anything unless your a hack.

Well by now you know it's a 7 (and when you sit into the significant sag of a 5th elem it's almost a 5!) I wouldn't take a heckler or nomad to Whistler. They might be able to handle a couple trips there but I wouldn't count on em taking many abusive seasons and they just wouldn't be as much fun. Also even the smoothest among us has a couple missed trannys every once in a while :D

Jan. 28, 2006, 9:40 a.m.

Ok even still 7" is alot of travel. All of you people dont't need more than like 5.5" inches for nething beside maybe some extreme dh shit.

goin camando with snap pants!!!!

Jan. 28, 2006, 11:01 a.m.

Ya but we have a Ski hill to go to. But look at all the big guys going huge stuff and jumps on small duallys. Only big bikes you need for is DH. For FRing get like a 6" bike.

Jan. 28, 2006, 11:14 a.m.

Ya but we have a Ski hill to go to. But look at all the big guys going huge stuff and jumps on small duallys. Only big bikes you need for is DH. For FRing get like a 6" bike.

oh man…what about people that ride whistler, there are tons of dh trails there, not all smooth like a-line…i mean..my 4by can handle a-line and that, but most other trails are too bumpy..thats why im getting a 8x7" bike. happens to be a norco shore with a 66r.
this bike will be my whistler/bike park/DH bike. im keeping my 4by for dual/4x/park/dirt.

bikes:
04 norco 4by w/ 05 sherman firefly :(
07 KTM 144sx :)

I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.

Jan. 28, 2006, 12:49 p.m.

Speaking as a matter of need, most people don't need much suspension at all. However, why bother using less in circumstances where more is just plain nicer to have?

22 Pride

Jan. 28, 2006, 2:15 p.m.

Dude, You are wrong with everything you say. You live on the east coast. Like those guys ur talking about, they could jump over your ski hill.

Jan. 30, 2006, 5:13 a.m.

Man STFU I'm so sick you you guys from out west shitting on people from the east coast. Are DH trails at the hill are good and probaly just as or more rough than trails out there and I know because people have come here from there and said that. I'm saying that for a FR bike you don't need like a 8" double crown fork and a 8" coil shock, overkill, you can get away with lighter smaller stuff.

Jan. 30, 2006, 6 a.m.

Man STFU I'm so sick you you guys from out west shitting on people from the east coast. Are DH trails at the hill are good and probaly just as or more rough than trails out there and I know because people have come here from there and said that. I'm saying that for a FR bike you don't need like a 8" double crown fork and a 8" coil shock, overkill, you can get away with lighter smaller stuff.

Wow is your memory short, we were talking about a 7" travel bike! Anyway, if you have a bike that has long travel but pedals well, why limit yourself to short travel? If your smooth ALL THE TIME you don't need it but if you're so smooth why don't you ride a fully rigid? I live on the east coast and I've been to BC twice and even though the trails out east are challenging enough to let me to enjoy BC, they can't hold a candle to Whistler, the Wood lot, Squamish, the North Shore… You won't know til you go.

Jan. 30, 2006, 7:46 a.m.

Guys for a start calm down, i can see both sides of the argument. But as it is it depends largely on your skill level as to what you ride. Like people have said befor a pro-level rider can easily manage on 6 inches of travel to cope with most things however a rider with a lower skill level may need more to cope with the riding. And as east coast has said whats the point getting a short travel rig if big travel rigs can pedal just as well and may even be in the same weight division you never know when you will neeed that extra suspension. At the end of the day its personal preference ive just bought a clifcat mx-8 i really dont think i will need 8 inches of travel but it will help with riding progression and compensate (for the time being) for my fairly low to moderate skill level.

Jan. 30, 2006, 12:24 p.m.

Yes the east coast has some pretty nutty stuff. So does the west. Nothing to cry over, so Dubee relax and lay off the "STFU" alright? Giddyup.

Feb. 6, 2006, 10:03 p.m.

i live in santa cruz hahahahaha

Ride To Live ~ Live To Ride

Feb. 6, 2006, 10:46 p.m.

i live in santa cruz hahahahaha

Give 'em a kick in the pants from me, if you're ever passing.:stupid:

March 6, 2006, 9:57 p.m.

you misearable sod mate!:mad: ;)

I can handle bars and cycle-paths,
but i cant handle cars and psychopaths..