Brake pads

Jan. 20, 2015, 2:51 p.m.

Looking to get a set of Hayes Stroker brake pads,i know in past ive got the stroker ace @ on top . Remember seeing the trail ones at mec but now with all this new standard and light weight bull idk if they will be easy to find in the lower mainland.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Jan. 20, 2015, 3:15 p.m.

How about this.

25 dolla for 4 sets (semi-metallic), terrible website, free shipping, they work. I've used these and the more expensive sintered pads from the same place for years (Avid, Hayes, and various Shimano brakes). For the money, I can't find anything to beat them.

Jan. 20, 2015, 5:09 p.m.

How about this.

25 dolla for 4 sets (semi-metallic), terrible website, free shipping, they work. I've used these and the more expensive sintered pads from the same place for years (Avid, Hayes, and various Shimano brakes). For the money, I can't find anything to beat them.

Anyone tried the ceramic or Kevlar compounds? I've run sintered pads forever with no problems apart from a bit of a squeal in cold conditions until they warm up. Would I see any benefit by switching to ceramic or Kevlar?

Jan. 21, 2015, 3:32 p.m.

I'm running Nukeproof "trail" pads from CRC in my Hayes prime pros, they squeal in the cold/wet until warm but perform really well.