bikes without that french thing

Aug. 31, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Also, I hope you guys are carrying that little plastic valve core tool that is supplied with many wheelsets and tubeless kits.

If you have access to a 3D printer, you can print your own, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:429677

Aug. 31, 2016, 1:48 p.m.

The Stan's 44mm Prestas valves say "road stems"

Thanks. I haven't been able to locate any moto tubes with removable valve core. Don't really feel like cutting up brand-new tubes either.

What are the length of these valves? LB 33mm rims are pretty deep.

You're car is a tubeless Schrader setup. Likely that your car uses a Schrader valve. And we all know the biking industry has to be completely different for the sake of it.

My rims are pretty deep too.

Just because my car runs shrader valves doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense for a tubeless mountain bike setup. Do shrader valves handle sealant the same way? Why did tubeless setups go straight to presta/ how come we never had a shrader option?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 31, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

Stans offers Schrader Valves… Might be a new option as I just saw it in a catalog and double checked their site.

Sept. 1, 2016, 6:43 a.m.

My rims are pretty deep too.

Just because my car runs shrader valves doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense for a tubeless mountain bike setup. Do shrader valves handle sealant the same way? Why did tubeless setups go straight to presta/ how come we never had a shrader option?

Larger inner diameter = better results for handling sealant.

With the bolt on moto type shraders (the entire stem is threaded) you have a 12mm nut to cinch it down, not a silly knurled nut like on prestas.