bikes without that french thing

Aug. 30, 2016, 1:03 p.m.

Ha! I guess that's just as bad. My Lezyne pump likes to remove the valve core when you take it off.

Never had this issue. And I dab a lil Tri-Flow into the valve core before I install it back into the core to prevent Stan's build-up in the valve.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 30, 2016, 1:57 p.m.

Transition. They're definitely white trash.

Ahem, we prefer 'Redneck Boutique'.

Put some Loctite on the core.

Red loctite wasn't enough to counter the extraction power of my old pump. Got a new pump. Problem solved.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 30, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Red loctite wasn't enough to counter the extraction power of my old pump. Got a new pump. Problem solved.

I used the same solution. Blue loctite wasn't enough to counter the flawed design. 2 valve cores pulled out at the trailhead while the squad waits was enough.

No French thing with this pump.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Aug. 30, 2016, 2:28 p.m.

I used the same solution. Blue loctite wasn't enough to counter the flawed design. 2 valve cores pulled out at the trailhead while the squad waits was enough.

No French thing with this pump.

When I wrote to them asking if they had any recommendations or if I there was an updated fitting I could buy they just balked like I was talking crazy. I've talked to many people who had to retire this pump for the same reason. It's too bad when a minor update to that fitting would be a small price to pay to keep a nice piece of gear in service.

Aug. 30, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

Which Lezyne pump was it? I have four of them in my personal collection… :/

Spotted a nice Silca in the LBS today.

Aug. 30, 2016, 4:59 p.m.

Which Lezyne pump was it? I have four of them in my personal collection… :/

Spotted a nice Silca in the LBS today.

It's a medium length Pressure Drive.

Aug. 30, 2016, 5:14 p.m.

When I wrote to them asking if they had any recommendations or if I there was an updated fitting I could buy they just balked like I was talking crazy.

Weird, 'cause they say their ABS feature was designed specifically to address that problem.

What is ABS?
“ABS” stands for “Air Bleed System.” This is a system that Lezyne developed last year into their product line. From our customers we found that when using high pressures our thread on chuck would sometimes remove the valve core from your valve stem. In order to fight this, we developed “ABS.” When hooked up to a Presta valve with the desired PSI in your tire. Pressing the ABS button will release the back pressure just within the pump system to relieve the pressure from the valve. This takes all the back pressure off your valve so when it comes time for unthreading you do not remove your core.

Aug. 30, 2016, 5:41 p.m.

Weird, 'cause they say their ABS feature was designed specifically to address that problem.

BRB

Aug. 30, 2016, 11:34 p.m.

Stop using presta, it sucks!

I had my LB rims drilled for schrader and picked up some speed evolution tubeless valves. So much better than presta! http://speed-evolution.com/product/pink-schrader-valve/

Aug. 30, 2016, 11:51 p.m.

good lord, i've had this exact problem and it turns out i've got this little black button on the pump adaptor which i've never touched, plus the letters ABS. thanks!!

Aug. 31, 2016, 6:09 a.m.

I had my LB rims drilled for schrader and picked up some speed evolution tubeless valves. So much better than presta! http://speed-evolution.com/product/pink-schrader-valve/

Interesting! Can you pull the cores out to clean out Stan's build up and to quick fill?? I've had my Prestas gum up occasionally making it impossible to get air out without removing the core.

Aug. 31, 2016, 7:22 a.m.

Interesting! Can you pull the cores out to clean out Stan's build up and to quick fill?? I've had my Prestas gum up occasionally making it impossible to get air out without removing the core.

Shrader valves are 1000x better for that kind of service. Prestas should only be used on road bikes.

Aug. 31, 2016, 7:52 a.m.

I didn't know this was a thing. Does anyone know why tubeless is primarily presta? Is there a downside to running shrader with tubeless?

Aug. 31, 2016, 7:56 a.m.

Sweet Hayzeus, doesn't everyone know this by now?! It's been beat to death in forums.

Also, I hope you guys are carrying that little plastic valve core tool that is supplied with many wheelsets and tubeless kits.

http://www.tufotires.com/valve_core_removal_tools.html

Aug. 31, 2016, 9:59 a.m.

Shrader valves are 1000x better for that kind of service. Prestas should only be used on road bikes.

The Stan's 44mm Prestas valves say "road stems"

Thanks. I haven't been able to locate any moto tubes with removable valve core. Don't really feel like cutting up brand-new tubes either.

What are the length of these valves? LB 33mm rims are pretty deep.

I didn't know this was a thing. Does anyone know why tubeless is primarily presta? Is there a downside to running shrader with tubeless?

You're car is a tubeless Schrader setup. Likely that your car uses a Schrader valve. And we all know the biking industry has to be completely different for the sake of it.