Bikes with that certain 'je ne sais quoi '

Sept. 3, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

Knollys were magic back in the beginning. I haven't ridden one in a while so I'm only commenting on my old memories.

My Delirium was an incredible ride, still not sure why I got rid of it. Chilcotin left me underwhelmed, and I've been off the brand since then.

My old Bullit was awesome in the bike park, I haven't ridden anything as fun since.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Sept. 4, 2016, 7:54 a.m.

Totally. I tried not to make it about that. I've had fun bikes that I didn't post. I only mentioned the ones of the dozens I've owned that specifically were magic. The Enduro 29 is functional and eye-opening for so many reasons but there's nothing magic about it. Knollys were magic back in the beginning. I haven't ridden one in a while so I'm only commenting on my old memories. These new Evils are something special (otherwise I wouldn't have bought one). I'd be quick to say if it wasn't.

Which Evil frame did you get? I noticed they only go up to 150mm of rear travel?

Sept. 4, 2016, 8:36 a.m.

Which Evil frame did you get? I noticed they only go up to 150mm of rear travel?

The Wreckoning. 161mm of travel on a 29er is quite a lot. On the Enduro 29 it felt like a big trailbike. On this it feels like two DH bikes.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 4, 2016, 9:01 a.m.

Of all of the bikes I've owned, the Spitfire is the one I can't ride without a giant grin on my face. It does everything well and is a riot on the downhill. One of those bikes that makes you appear a better rider than you really are (at least in my case).

My Stylus gets a vote, too. Little steel hardtails are the bomb and no-one makes 'em as well as Chromag.

Sept. 4, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

Chromag Surface and V10Cs

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 5, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

The Wreckoning. 161mm of travel on a 29er is quite a lot. On the Enduro 29 it felt like a big trailbike. On this it feels like two DH bikes.

I have an Enduro 29 - I agree that it feels like a big trailbike, but I think describing it that way doesn't give it enough credit. When I was looking to purchase a bike approx. 2 years ago the 3 bikes I test rode were the E29, a Bronson, and a Nomad. I felt like the E29 climbed better than the Bronson and descended better than the Nomad. I felt like the bike really had such a broad spectrum - anything from a burly XC bike to almost a full-on DH bike. I take it that the Wreckoning gives up some on the climbing/XC side and has a little bit more on the DH side (vs. the E29)? I'd be curious to give it a try. I still have a DH bike (mainly cuz I dont want to abuse the E29 in the bike park) but perhaps the Wreckoning could allow me to get rid of my DH bike for good?

Sept. 5, 2016, 5:36 p.m.

I have an Enduro 29 - I agree that it feels like a big trailbike, but I think describing it that way doesn't give it enough credit. When I was looking to purchase a bike approx. 2 years ago the 3 bikes I test rode were the E29, a Bronson, and a Nomad. I felt like the E29 climbed better than the Bronson and descended better than the Nomad. I felt like the bike really had such a broad spectrum - anything from a burly XC bike to almost a full-on DH bike. I take it that the Wreckoning gives up some on the climbing/XC side and has a little bit more on the DH side (vs. the E29)? I'd be curious to give it a try. I still have a DH bike (mainly cuz I dont want to abuse the E29 in the bike park) but perhaps the Wreckoning could allow me to get rid of my DH bike for good?

I thought the E29 was doing pretty good as well until I rode a bike that did some of those things much better. If I lived anywhere else its trailbikeyness would be an asset but there's enough steep danger here that a more descent-oriented bike is worth having. The funny thing is that the Wreckoning is just as good a climber as the E29. It's just not as good of an all-around trailbike.

I would think having a DH bike for the park and an E29 for your all-around bike is a pretty good split.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 5, 2016, 6:44 p.m.

I think the Meta AM V4 is a helluva good looking bike….wrong wheel size for me, but a nice looking bike for sure.

Sept. 5, 2016, 7:18 p.m.

I think the Meta AM V4 is a helluva good looking bike….wrong wheel size for me, but a nice looking bike for sure.

Great bike… under appreciated. This thing rips.

Sept. 5, 2016, 8 p.m.

Best deal in mountain biking right now. Could be a touch longer but it still looks great.

Sept. 6, 2016, 11:03 a.m.

More of a 26er fan? ;)

Best deal in mountain biking right now. Could be a touch longer but it still looks great.

I know the DH bike is getting a reach increase for 17. Seems like every size is bumping up to the next size in Reach

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 6, 2016, 12:27 p.m.

My Evil Following has to be the one bike that I get a huge grin from riding no matter the trail. It hits way above where it's travel says it should and loves some back wheel.

Add to that my Chromag Surface, which hits certain pleasure spots that it probably shouldn't.

Jon-boy.