Bikes with that certain 'je ne sais quoi '

Aug. 28, 2016, 6:12 p.m.

Banshee Rune. Lift the front and charge through anything.

Aug. 28, 2016, 9:01 p.m.

Whatever moves your mojo is what I say

Regardless of all the shit I spew on here on the reg.

Evil, current gen Yeti SB series and 303 rig. Intense M1 and the Uzzi DH rebranded as IH etc.) Chromag, Parenllo Dogma, Bianchi in sea foam green, OG Tomac bike, Naked, Strong, Dekerf. Robot Bikes.

Could be more I can't think of right now.

Waiting for someone to bring up Specialized now. :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 28, 2016, 9:24 p.m.

With Boost 145 rear hub, Boost 115mm front hub and Mega Boost 90mm BB shell….in 1989.

25+ years later, companies are still pissing about with stuff like this to try and sell new product….sorry, I mean 'innovate' ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 29, 2016, 4:26 a.m.

I'm super stoked with my latest build.

Rip an all day pedally epic one day, next day it handles gravity shuttles and drops with aplomb.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Aug. 29, 2016, 6:57 a.m.

With Boost 145 rear hub, Boost 115mm front hub and Mega Boost 90mm BB shell….in 1989.

25+ years later, companies are still pissing about with stuff like this to try and sell new product….sorry, I mean 'innovate' ;)

That was an awesome stem.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 29, 2016, 9:15 a.m.

I haven't tried any, but there's something about Xprezo bikes that do it for me. It's probably a matter of having grown up in Montreal and pining after a Balfa. Xprezo bikes seem to keep the traits alive, including the steel rear ends.

Aug. 29, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

I haven't tried any, but there's something about Xprezo bikes that do it for me. It's probably a matter of having grown up in Montreal and pining after a Balfa. Xprezo bikes seem to keep the traits alive, including the steel rear ends.

Yeah the skinny steel-tubed rear ends and single pivot design just look right. I like Chromags too. Guess I'm a Canuckistan fan.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 29, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

Dumb question. How does one pronounce "manitou?"

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 29, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

I think the new Kona Honza CR will qualify. Probably the metal ones too.

Kinda makes me think Kona Honza CR250…

The lines are getting blurry.

What next, the Norco Kawi KX125 :cow:

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 29, 2016, 9:46 a.m.

Easy… "Pee, sO, SH-y'T"

I believe.

(when it comes to suspension, no dis to the aforementioned build above, ahem…)

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 29, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

Man-It-Too

means spiritual and fundamental life force (god) in cree
the province Manitoba named for the Manitou

Aug. 29, 2016, 12:33 p.m.

i like mine for similar reasons - canadian made, a quirky use of steel and small diameter tubes, the balfa heritage, etc. it's heavier than current carbon superbikes, and is certainly less refined, but it gots that character that i find endearing.

it's a common thread for me - character ranks high on my list of desired attributes, and as a result my favorite bikes were not necessarily the best performing bikes i've ridden; flawed, but loveable.

Aug. 29, 2016, 1:15 p.m.

I'm super stoked with my latest build.

Rip an all day pedally epic one day, next day it handles gravity shuttles and drops with aplomb.

Very nice!

Aug. 29, 2016, 5:57 p.m.
  • Banshee Rune V2 -An absolute all around rager. Could be lighter, but who gives AF when it rips like it does both up and down.
  • Santa Cruz Butcher -Super fun bike that was dumb simple and just a blast. Too bad SC didn't bring this one into the new school geometry/27.5 wheel world.
  • Evil Insurgent -The ONLY bike I've pedalled around (and I've demoed everything) that gives the aforementioned Banshee a run for it's money. Could be my next whip.
  • Kona Honzo -The first 29'er I rode that didn't suck. The only other 29'ers since then that I've liked were the Ibis Ripley LS and Evil Wreckoning.
  • Surly Instigator 1.0 -I had mine for 13 years(!!!). I rode it built up every way to Sunday and was bummed when it finally cracked last year. Ridiculously killer steel beast.

:devil:

"Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

Aug. 29, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

Chromag Surface - hasn't ceased to amaze me yet.

Both my Pivots, if I were to get one now it would be the Switchblade, but alas, Lee refuses Super Boost Plus so my next 29r will probably be the Evil Following.

Notice the wheel size thing going on here!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram