Bikeroom - the good

Jan. 23, 2007, 10:08 p.m.

I ordered 2 roof racks from Bikeroom a little over two weeks ago and Dave came out to my work to personally deliver them as he was in my area. I have ordered quite a bit from them in the past and the only delays I have had is when they need to bring in the parts. I've had the same kind of delays at my LBS as well.

Jan. 24, 2007, 6:38 a.m.

Hey Sdb
did you order the Slik fit roof rack?

Jan. 24, 2007, 8:57 a.m.

Yes that was me. Thanks for helping T.

You probably don't want to get too involved but there is some nasty things mentioned in the Shore thread about BR.

Jan. 24, 2007, 9:57 a.m.

I'm not T but that's ok.

It was myself and T's dad that got those things going for you.
I grab myself another one of the slik fits. I have one of the first generation and the second generation is definetly nicer unit and a lot smoother. they had a couple of the latches break on them..but that was like 3 out of 1500 sold the guy told me. they have reworked these one.
I wrote up a review on my website on them…check it out: http://pedalhounds.com/modules.php?name=News[HTML_REMOVED]file=article[HTML_REMOVED]sid=248[HTML_REMOVED]mode=[HTML_REMOVED]order=0[HTML_REMOVED]thold=0

Jan. 24, 2007, 3:10 p.m.

Still havnt received:

Shock fluid
Planet Bike shock pump
Azonic Fury helmet.

I ordered it back in August, havnt been able to get ahold of bikeroom since.. whats up?

Jan. 24, 2007, 3:22 p.m.

Still havnt received:

Shock fluid
Planet Bike shock pump
Azonic Fury helmet.

I ordered it back in August, havnt been able to get ahold of bikeroom since.. whats up?

In August?
wow, you win. Hope you've either A[HTML_REMOVED] had your CC reverse the charges or B[HTML_REMOVED] didn't get charged by BR in the first place (somehow I doubt it)

Jan. 24, 2007, 9:27 p.m.

I got the best of both worlds in my last Bikeroom order. My Allen 4-bike rack came in a couple weeks after I ordered it (good). The Kyle Straight Knee Pads I ordered for my buddy in the same order took, oooh, hm, about four months to arrive after countless e-mails/phone calls (very bad). This was last summer, maybe things have changed….

Jan. 24, 2007, 11:17 p.m.

seems scooby only replies to people that have recieved goods.

Jan. 25, 2007, 9 a.m.

I'm not T but that's ok.

It was myself and T's dad that got those things going for you.
I grab myself another one of the slik fits. I have one of the first generation and the second generation is definetly nicer unit and a lot smoother. they had a couple of the latches break on them..but that was like 3 out of 1500 sold the guy told me. they have reworked these one.
I wrote up a review on my website on them…check it out: http://pedalhounds.com/modules.php?name=News[HTML_REMOVED]file=article[HTML_REMOVED]sid=248[HTML_REMOVED]mode=[HTML_REMOVED]order=0[HTML_REMOVED]thold=0

Thanks. Your review was what actually convinced me to buy the rack. I didn

Jan. 25, 2007, 11:33 a.m.

it wasn't the attach screw at the bottom it was the hinge part that broke. I think the guy wrenched it down. That was what they were thinking as well. I noticed that I have to lift my bike's rear up and then the clamp snaps down on the axle smoothly.
I'll check out the article…and thanks for the article comment. I it. I also grabbed a 10mn axle adapter to have in my vehicle..as you never know when you need to give someone a ride home.

Jan. 25, 2007, 12:02 p.m.

it wasn't the attach screw at the bottom it was the hinge part that broke. I think the guy wrenched it down. That was what they were thinking as well. I noticed that I have to lift my bike's rear up and then the clamp snaps down on the axle smoothly.
I'll check out the article…and thanks for the article comment. I it. I also grabbed a 10mn axle adapter to have in my vehicle..as you never know when you need to give someone a ride home.

are you kidding me there is another guy in this thread that needs a reply a little more, ya the guy who ordered stuff over 6 months ago ya that guy.

Jan. 25, 2007, 1:21 p.m.

are you kidding me there is another guy in this thread that needs a reply a little more, ya the guy who ordered stuff over 6 months ago ya that guy.

I'd be unhappy about waiting 6 months as well, especially if I could not get hold of anyone. Is this you or or you refering to someone else in this thread? The combo of phone calls and emails has worked for me to get an estimate on when the parts would be ready to ship.

p.s. I see you are a UFC fan- don't forget about the "fight night" tonight on spike!

Feb. 3, 2007, 8:28 p.m.

I think that bikeroom are out of business.
I ordered some stuff before Xmas and managed to speak with a guy called Tyler around the 9th of Jan as they had taken my money($1000.00NZ) but had not shipped any of my stuff. He said he would organise the shipment.

I then got an email to say that it had been shipped but there was no tracking number. I called, I emailed over and over again to no avail - until last week where I got an automated response saying "bikeroom had closed their doors". I have contacted visa but not sure what will happen re my money. So those that have ordered recently - heads up!!
Meanwhile, I am gutted as it means I have to save another grand before I can get my bike up and running. Can't believe that people can be so nasty.:cry:

Feb. 3, 2007, 10:54 p.m.

I think that bikeroom are out of business.
I ordered some stuff before Xmas and managed to speak with a guy called Tyler around the 9th of Jan as they had taken my money($1000.00NZ) but had not shipped any of my stuff. He said he would organise the shipment.

I then got an email to say that it had been shipped but there was no tracking number. I called, I emailed over and over again to no avail - until last week where I got an automated response saying "bikeroom had closed their doors". I have contacted visa but not sure what will happen re my money. So those that have ordered recently - heads up!!
Meanwhile, I am gutted as it means I have to save another grand before I can get my bike up and running. Can't believe that people can be so nasty.:cry:

That really sucks. I hope you can get your money back.

Feb. 3, 2007, 11:03 p.m.

I have contacted visa but not sure what will happen re my money. So those that have ordered recently - heads up!!

that is just SO BAD :mad: i feel for you. fight with visa. make them be the ones to be out of pocket, not you. i can't imagine what i would do in your circumstances. i would assume from this that BR has declared bankruptcy. holy hell. i wonder how many other people are in the same boat.

what i'd like to know is…what the heck did they do with that money :???: