Bikeroom?

Oct. 3, 2006, 2:14 p.m.

Anyone know whats going on there, ive been trying to call there the last 4 days, no dice, voice mail is now full too:cry:

Oct. 3, 2006, 3:10 p.m.

Here we go again….:grinno:

Oct. 3, 2006, 3:12 p.m.

Ive been trying to get ahold of them since august, no ones home.

They wont pick up the phone or return my emails and they owe me a Helmet, Shock fluid and a shock pump… Ive paid for all of it and so far ive recieved nothing, I ordered it in early august (before VPS fest). I called to make sure everything was in stock and they assured me it was, next day I call and they say the helmet and pump arent in stock and they have to run down the street to pick up my shock fluid.

dirty bastards.. everytime ive used them before its been fine. :cry:

Oct. 3, 2006, 4:04 p.m.

the have some kill deals going on tho 321's on saints with a saint der for like 300

brokezors

Oct. 3, 2006, 4:40 p.m.

I gave up on bikeroom ages ago. Too unreliable. The deals weren't good enough to justify the hassle. Support your LBS!!!

Oct. 3, 2006, 4:42 p.m.

i got a killer deal and fasst service when i bought my fox 36 less than a month ago, just put in another near 1000 dollar order on thursday, its been billed, but dunno if its been shipped, hoping it hasnt cause i orded the wrong BB, haha

Oct. 3, 2006, 5:31 p.m.

lol yes.. here we go again.. but ive had good experience… with bikeroom.

but funny… how their "specials" is always updated at least every other day… but they dont answer phone calls

Oct. 3, 2006, 6:29 p.m.

they have a 66 for 719 i want, thing is i will pay for it and never see it, used them once ebfore and will never do it again…

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Oct. 4, 2006, 7:39 a.m.

gotta pipe in here. you sure you have the right number? I've made 3 orders through them, all three were fast and I never had a problem getting them on the phone. maybe I just got lucky, but I do not understand the difference in service between what I recieved and what everyone on this thread seems to get.

Oct. 4, 2006, 7:43 a.m.

i got a killer deal and fasst service when i bought my fox 36 less than a month ago, just put in another near 1000 dollar order on thursday, its been billed, but dunno if its been shipped, hoping it hasnt cause i orded the wrong BB, haha

WTF? They must be giving a special pay rate to afford all the parts.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 4, 2006, 8:34 a.m.

gotta pipe in here. you sure you have the right number? I've made 3 orders through them, all three were fast and I never had a problem getting them on the phone. maybe I just got lucky, but I do not understand the difference in service between what I recieved and what everyone on this thread seems to get.

It is hit or miss with those guys. I have ordered shifters, tires, armour and brakes and they have been pretty good. However, getting them on the phone is next to impossible.

Oct. 4, 2006, 11:29 p.m.

Agreed - similar bad experiences for myself and my buddy on 5 or 6 orders.

Things are in stock and will go out on a certain day. Then two weeks later - still not shipped - or not available - or oh… found them now - ship tomorrow, still don't arrive, etc…

My buddy was charged considerably more than he agreed to at order time also. He never could get them on the phone to clear it up.

I don't actually think they are trying to be crooks, just not organized at all!

On the plus side they are very prompt at charging your card ! :grinno:

Kamloops Bike Riders Association
Build It.__Ride It.

Oct. 5, 2006, 9:21 a.m.

I've ordered from them a few times (even some big ticket items) and never had any problems. I'd order from them again for sure.

We're riding bicycles!!!

For sale: 5th element spring 425 lbs from a 2003 Bullit $40 shipping incl. PM me.

Oct. 5, 2006, 11:57 a.m.

I ordered up some gear not too long ago and in speaking with David he advised that he lost a couple of people working for him at the end of summer and has had a hard time keeping up. Not sure if that is still the case.

He seems to be a good guy, trying to operate a business that provides some good deals for the average smoe compared to the high prices we see all to often from the shops. I guess if you have connections with distributors or bikeshops you can get some deals, but the majority of us gear whores, the Bikeroom does offer a choice, albeit a slow choice at times.

Oct. 5, 2006, 4:16 p.m.

I ordered up some gear not too long ago and in speaking with David he advised that he lost a couple of people working for him at the end of summer and has had a hard time keeping up. Not sure if that is still the case.

He seems to be a good guy, trying to operate a business that provides some good deals for the average smoe compared to the high prices we see all to often from the shops. I guess if you have connections with distributors or bikeshops you can get some deals, but the majority of us gear whores, the Bikeroom does offer a choice, albeit a slow choice at times.

The prices are good because they have next to no staffing and low overhead (rent, displays, merchandising, service shop). You can't compare these web-based stores to a proper retailer who has a service shop with all the staffing and tools, dispalys merchandising all the products and bikes built on the floor.
A lot of the products you find on a web-retailers site, they don't even have in stock, they just order them when the customer orders them, that is why there are delays. If you want something quickly and want to actually talk to somebody knowledgable, you need to go to the best LBS you can find.