Posted by: Sethimus

the (online) shop i work at

Is it a secret?

Nov. 19, 2021, 1:41 p.m.

Airbomb.com?

Nov. 19, 2021, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

Posted by: skooks

I'm feeling pretty good about standardizing all of our bikes to Shimano 11 speed and stocking up on spare parts over the last 1.5 years. Also I am still loving my 2019 Knolly Fugitive. Dont plan on getting a new bike any time soon, even if I could.

Having a Fugitive does make me think about a Tyaughton as well though.....

Haha, I actually have both a fugitive and a Tyaughton. They are both very capable on any trail I am interested in riding. Different enough from each other that switching between them helps keep things fresh.

Nov. 20, 2021, 7:28 a.m.

Posted by: Vikb

the (online) shop i work at

Is it a secret?

i don’t want to have my online life connected to my biz life.

Nov. 20, 2021, 7:58 a.m.

i don’t want to have my online life connected to my biz life.

Fair enough. I was just thinking we might be able to help you with that full warehouse you mentioned since getting the message out was the problem you noted.

Nov. 20, 2021, 1:17 p.m.

would only help those on the same side of the pond, and those find us via google searches. though local sales are a bit slow right now, as the media constantly repeats that there are no bikes/spares, which only for the later is true. some bikes are just late

Nov. 21, 2021, 7:25 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Airbomb.com?

Woah!!! There's a blast from the past! Hahaha

Nov. 21, 2021, 7:47 p.m.

Posted by: Ouch

Airbomb.com?

Ha! I was hoping someone would pick up on that one!

Nov. 21, 2021, 9:40 p.m.

Posted by: UFO

Posted by: tashi

My plan has been to use a 11 speed XT derailleur on there when the XT 10-speed with RADr cage needs replacing ‘cause apparently it works. Or complete AdventX.

I love franken-drivetrain talk!

I can verify 10sp Shimano shifters work fine with 11sp Shimano RD's -- theoretically a couple of the shifts will be off by the smallest of margins. I think I can find that when bike is on the stand, but on the trail it is indiscernible. 11sp RD's (and older M6000 Deore 10sp RD) clears 46t cog without issue and may clear up to a 50t with b tension turned in depending on hanger geometry and chain growth. 

If you want to cobble together a 9sp clutch setup, you want the 9sp SRAM shifters with a 10sp or theoretically 11sp Shimano clutch RD. Shifts are close enough as is, and if you space out the cable attachment by about 5mm or so then cable pull is essentially perfect.

A Shimano 11sp shifter will supposedly shift a Shimano 12sp RD well, so by that thinking a 12sp RD should be cross compatible with 10sp Shimano as well and would give clearance to run a 50t. I haven't had to resort to testing these out yet though.

AdventX is also very intriguing to me. It's supposedly only compatible with itself, though I haven't found anything on the net about people trying the AdventX shifter with a Shimano 10sp setup. The shifter is cheap if it can deliver XT level performance. I especially like the 10sp 11-48 cassette, good range and spacing and very well priced. Option to save a bit of weight or save $20 and stay with the all steel cogs. I think the 48t will work well on my hardtail with the 11sp Shimano RD even.

Bringing back the frankendrivetrain part of the thread. Anyone know if I can run 11 speed 105 shifter derailleur with an xt cassette?

Nov. 21, 2021, 11:44 p.m.

Probably depends on the difference between the smallest and largest cog. 11-46? 11-42?

Nov. 22, 2021, 10:32 a.m.

Posted by: Ouch

Airbomb.com?

Ha! I was hoping someone would pick up on that one!

Best source around for purple Hayes that may or may not arrive in the next six months.

Nov. 22, 2021, 10:34 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Posted by: UFO

Posted by: tashi

My plan has been to use a 11 speed XT derailleur on there when the XT 10-speed with RADr cage needs replacing ‘cause apparently it works. Or complete AdventX.

I love franken-drivetrain talk!

I can verify 10sp Shimano shifters work fine with 11sp Shimano RD's -- theoretically a couple of the shifts will be off by the smallest of margins. I think I can find that when bike is on the stand, but on the trail it is indiscernible. 11sp RD's (and older M6000 Deore 10sp RD) clears 46t cog without issue and may clear up to a 50t with b tension turned in depending on hanger geometry and chain growth. 

If you want to cobble together a 9sp clutch setup, you want the 9sp SRAM shifters with a 10sp or theoretically 11sp Shimano clutch RD. Shifts are close enough as is, and if you space out the cable attachment by about 5mm or so then cable pull is essentially perfect.

A Shimano 11sp shifter will supposedly shift a Shimano 12sp RD well, so by that thinking a 12sp RD should be cross compatible with 10sp Shimano as well and would give clearance to run a 50t. I haven't had to resort to testing these out yet though.

AdventX is also very intriguing to me. It's supposedly only compatible with itself, though I haven't found anything on the net about people trying the AdventX shifter with a Shimano 10sp setup. The shifter is cheap if it can deliver XT level performance. I especially like the 10sp 11-48 cassette, good range and spacing and very well priced. Option to save a bit of weight or save $20 and stay with the all steel cogs. I think the 48t will work well on my hardtail with the 11sp Shimano RD even.

Bringing back the frankendrivetrain part of the thread. Anyone know if I can run 11 speed 105 shifter derailleur with an xt cassette?

I’d look closely at the compatibility  and cable pull tables in the Sheldonbrown link I posted - road and mountain derailleur cable pulls changed somewhere around 10 speed I think.

Nov. 23, 2021, 7:48 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

I believe no. The longer cage endurance 11sp road RD could only accomodate up to 32t officially, so trying to get it to even 42 would be way too much. An RD extender like the Wolf Tooth Goat link may or may not get you there 

Though I believe that's why Wolf Tooth came up with the Tanpan cable pull converter, to allow road shifters to work with 11sp mountain RD's that could clear a 42/46t.

Nov. 24, 2021, 12:52 p.m.

A little rain in the drought. OneUp has 30.9 droppers back in stock (less the one I ordered).

Dec. 26, 2021, 7:51 p.m.

Got my Sram equipped bike all sorted just in time to trade it for a Shimano equipped bike.

Anybody know of a Shimano chain in stock locally? Norco Bikes said they haven't been one in a year 💎