Bike Enhancements

Oct. 31, 2014, 10:01 a.m.

Thought we should have a thread to show our customizations that we make to our bikes or riding gear. A "Show and Tell" so to speak. Let this also be a place to post up your "Jerry - Rig" - "MacGyver" type solutions for common bike issues which I'd also consider to be an enhancement.

Check out my new ultra small chain guide that I ordered from 77 Designz (Germany).

Hopefully someone can repost the picture for me, instead of just my linky link. (Thanks)

Oct. 31, 2014, 10:05 a.m.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Oct. 31, 2014, 12:55 p.m.

That guide looks sweet. So do their bash plates.

Not a 'show' and tell, but just a 'tell'. Something that I've been doing for some time now that has worked out well for me…

I put 2 CO2 cartridges, plus 2 tire levers up my seatpost on my DH bike. If you get a nut, you can thread the two cartridges into each other and then take an old tube and cut a small section of it and tie a knot in one end, then put the cartridges into it. Jam the levers into it, and it will keep them from rattling (this works especially well on my V10 since the seat tube is closed and nothing can fall through, but if you get the right tire levers, you should be able to get it tight enough that it won't come out until you need it to). Then you only need an allenkey and a co2 dispenser to get you out of a jam, along with that tube you zip tie to your frame of course. I also put a chain master link in the end of my handlebar behind the cap, held in place with duct tape so I always have a link when I need it.

Oct. 31, 2014, 1:02 p.m.

I like that^^^.

Oct. 31, 2014, 6:23 p.m.

damn straight. i'll be doing that asap. like that guide too. maybe a simple taco as well

Oct. 31, 2014, 6:36 p.m.

The one that comes on the upper Spesh models is very similar. Not sure if they're available aftermarket though.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman