Bike build help

Oct. 9, 2012, 3:47 p.m.

So after 3 years away from a 26" and 2 years away from my 24" cruiser I miss 2 wheel cranking power and flow oh so much. I have been enjoying sledding the big mountains and spending my summers recovering and fishing. So this year I am giving up the sled and coming back to what I love, BIKES! PS- last visit here was oct 29 2009!

I will first be building a 26" hardtail that first I can race cruiser class in bmx, and just to ride around and do what I want. I have been away for a coupe years and everything has changed so much, especially forks. I am leaning towards the supercross shine xl long (23.25" tt), but I don't really know what else might come close in geometry. As far as a fork I want something that is low in height, can be locked out and has good dampening, seems 4" is the 4x norm? I will be purchasing the fork used, need to save where I can. As far as wheels, What wheel is light and tight. I don't want to cheap out and enjoy a pimp wheel set. My last cruiser set was on Shimano DXR hubs with custom hollow cromo axles. Still snapped bolts off though, rims where rynolites. Rotational weight is very important to me. I want to run 180 cranks, who has them? Brakes will be used, probably carbon avid disks. When the bike is built I will figure out stem, bars and the rest.

When this is done I will buy a used 4 or 5" park bike for the trails and park.

Kinda feels like coming home again here, except there has been a reno done! :fu:

Oct. 9, 2012, 4 p.m.

and just like a noob I posted this in the wrong forum, mods can you move to gear discussion?

Oct. 9, 2012, 4:50 p.m.

only 3 years?

Oct. 9, 2012, 5:29 p.m.

Oct. 10, 2012, 6:25 a.m.

Nice Heckler, lol.

After a bit of time last night I think a Fox 38 is the best option. Only fork I found under 4lbs. I don't see a "lock-out" feature listed either?

Any opinions on the Fox38?