Big up to 9point8.

Aug. 22, 2018, 1:23 p.m.

After two and a half seasons the post started to slip a bit. I’d drop it and it would rebound a few cm unless I held it in place for a few moments. I changed the cable and housing twice to no avail. The remote has a a little play as I the cable is a bit loose as per instructions. Started to slip at full height last week. I examine things again but nothing in the remote or cable seems wrong. Email the boys at 9point8 and Brad responds. Try this one thing which I do and report back. That one test was to disconnect the cable from the post end and see if the brake holds which it did. Brad sends out a new brake assembly and brake holder tool. Installed today and it works like a champ now. Took about a week to resolve. Pretty happy with this free warranted repair. I’m guessing the brake wore out.

Aug. 24, 2018, 7:35 a.m.

I'm beyond happy with my 9point8. Met the guys at their booth at Crankworx last year and got a promo code thing. Totally forgot about for a couple months and emailed them saying I lost the card but would they still honour it, which they did. Post is a year old at this point, they sent me a free updated rebuild kit recently which I haven't needed yet. My post was leaking last february/March so all I did was slide the nut up and put some grease in the groove. Worked like a champ ever since.

Aug. 27, 2018, 10:52 a.m.

Once 9.8 teamed up with WTC for the dropper lever it was a real "Shut up and take my money" moment. I was leaning towards a Faux Transfer w/ WTC remote before that.