Best lock-on grips..........

June 22, 2011, 1:08 p.m.

I have fairly big hands (XL gloves) but can't stand thicker grips, I find them fatiguing on longer rides. The ODI Ruffians are my grip of choice.

June 22, 2011, 1:26 p.m.

check out new sram grips… noticeably better than ruffians or ruffian MX IMO…

June 22, 2011, 10:55 p.m.

Dirty grips! Twice the colours and half the price!

bike.

June 23, 2011, midnight

Dirty grips! Twice the colours and half the price!

and last half as long!

for me, it's ODI crosstrainers on the pedally bike, and Ruffian MX on the DH bike. I found the crosstrainers to have the tiniest vague feeling that I didnt like.

Check my stuff for sale!

June 23, 2011, 4:25 p.m.

I use ODI Rogues.. I prefer the feel of thinner grips but seem to get more hand/knuckle pain when I use them so I have to make do with the thicker rogues.

June 23, 2011, 7 p.m.

ODI Crosstrainers FTW.

Shed head!

June 23, 2011, 8:59 p.m.

Back when I had my XC bike, I loved the lock on rogues I chose for it. The thicker grip helped pad whatever the 4" travel full suspension would leave behind. The way that bike was ridden benefited from the padding.

On my enduro however, I have the ruffian lock ons. Much thinner with less padding. Despite having pretty big hands myself, I still appreciate being able to hold on to the bar more effectively with the lesser diameter grip. My fore fingers and thumb overlap more for a better grip. I actually just replaced my ruffians for the third time on my enduro. I wanted to try the Ruffian MX's but couldnt get them as quickly or easily so I said f*ck it.

With regular ruffians you can rotate the grip a couple times before its totally toast. With the MX ruffians that might not be as easy. still wanna try em though

thinkin bout bikes

June 24, 2011, 7:17 a.m.

I have fairly big hands (XL gloves) but can't stand thicker grips, I find them fatiguing on longer rides. The ODI Ruffians are my grip of choice.

^ same here. XL gloves, ruffians, and my brake throw right to the grip - less fatiguing one-finger braking for those all day adventures

June 24, 2011, 1:20 p.m.

I'd say its purely down to personal choice ;)

everyone has different preferences for grips depending on your hand size, how you grip your bars, style of your bike (hardtail, short/mid/long travel dually?), setup of your bike / suspension, setup of your bar / stem, even your choice of gloves (palm thickness / padding) plays a big role in choosing grips

I've been using Sunline's Lock-on style grips of different flavours for a few years on my all mountain and short-travel play bikes, not sure about the 'model' name but used their blue and grey models

recently switched back to ODI Ruffian Lock-ons and am now feeling more feedback and control, which is a positive thing, the Sunlines were bigger diameter and softer rubber (definitely wore quicker) but also gave a more vague feel of the bar compared to the ODI

in contrast, I bought the ODI Lock-on Rogue in the past and could not stand the oversized feel of that grip model

I've had a number of other ODI Lock-on grips and found the RF Diablous Lock-on excellent for DJ and Pump Track riding where lots of "feel" is super important, but found the Diablous absolutely horrible in Whistler where they contributed to arm pump and hand fatigue

try some different grips on buddies bikes, and see what you get on with?

June 26, 2011, 9:19 a.m.

ruffians for the win, I might give the TLD's a try when the ruffians are toast though… are they much thicker?

June 26, 2011, 1:02 p.m.

I've tried Rogue's, Ruffians, and Yeti's, but I have to say my favourite are the Oury's. Tough to find, a tad heavy, but worth the search (I got mine at OnTop). Perfect durability, softness and real estate/diameter. There's a reason this grip design has a cult following like to not other beyond the mtb sphere.

NSMBA member.

July 2, 2011, 2:19 p.m.

ODI Ourrys, if you can find em..

like holding onto a fat girls arm..

:censored:

+1

July 2, 2011, 6:36 p.m.

I bought mine at North Shore Bike Shop they had a bunch of them in stock!

July 5, 2011, 3:36 p.m.

Another +1 for the Peaty's here.

viperfunk.com

July 5, 2011, 9:08 p.m.

+90millions on Oury Lock ons. a couch for the hands