Best grips thread!

Dec. 30, 2010, 11:01 a.m.

If you have slightly longer fingers (like me) I find Rogues the best, everything else my hands cramp up from having to be so wrapped up around the bars.

Dec. 30, 2010, 1:31 p.m.

Ergon GA1-S So far so good. Mild ergonomic feel. Rubber seems durable but we'll see when I get some major rides in on them. Wrote about them initially in the shop blog where I work. Nice to get paid for that stuff.

Dec. 30, 2010, 8 p.m.

Ergon GA1-S So far so good. Mild ergonomic feel. Rubber seems durable but we'll see when I get some major rides in on them. Wrote about them initially in the shop blog where I work. Nice to get paid for that stuff.

I've got a pair of those in my grips bin. I myself didnt feel any benefit from the ergo design and I'm sure the huge metal ring on the outside wasn't doing my hands any good. I'm sure they are great for some though.

Chainsmoker 8)

Dec. 30, 2010, 8:30 p.m.

Ruffian's or Crosstrainer's FTW. Thin is better. Had Rogue's for years and switched to Crosstrainer and won't go back. Thickness of the Rogue felt weird.

Shed head!

Dec. 31, 2010, 8:30 a.m.

been riding ruffians for years now and I don't have any complaints, I would like to give the ruffian mx or troy lee editions a try in the future though…

Dec. 31, 2010, 10:23 a.m.

Ruffian's or Crosstrainer's FTW. Thin is better. Had Rogue's for years and switched to Crosstrainer and won't go back. Thickness of the Rogue felt weird.

If you have small hands. ;)

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 31, 2010, 11:02 a.m.

been riding ruffians for years now and I don't have any complaints, I would like to give the ruffian mx or troy lee editions a try in the future though…

ruffian MX and the Troy Lee ones are AWESOME imho.

Dec. 31, 2010, 1:18 p.m.

If you have small hands. ;)

I'm not dainty by any stretch of the imagination but I guess if you have some huge meathooks then a thicker grip would be necessary.

Shed head!

Dec. 31, 2010, 3:17 p.m.

So - is there a consensus or should I jus go back to the boobs thread?

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 31, 2010, 3:45 p.m.

Back to the bewbs!

Shed head!

Dec. 31, 2010, 4:17 p.m.

Check these out…

http://shop.athertonracing.co.uk/product/grips

I ran a pair of these in the summer. They're thin, long and grippy BUT they wear out super fast and they're a bitch to take off as it's really easy to unscrew the outter screw to far and leave the rubber stopper and nut stuck in your bar when you pull the grip off. They're quite the pain in the arse to reassemble too.
Evolution in Whistler sell's em.

Now Bewbs :D.

Dec. 31, 2010, 11:25 p.m.

I'm not gonna read this whole thread, just sayin' that Lizard Skins are the best.

Thread killer

Jan. 2, 2011, 2:40 a.m.

That's good to hear because I bought some Lizard Skin Peaty Grips w/clamps in a rush decision at the end of the Whistler season for $20. Does anyone know if they are compatible with ODI Lock-On End Caps? They seem to use the same system as the ODI grips, but I'm not too sure. Any other aluminum end caps suggestions for these grips would be appreciated too. My bars are 20mm inside diameter.

Jan. 2, 2011, 3:03 a.m.

I looooove my lock-ons. Dual clamp is the only way to go.

I like ruffians and rogues equally, but for opposite reasons. I sold my XC bike that had the rogues for comfort. My only bike at this point has a well worn set of Ruffians that will need to be replaced soon. I hadn't ever considered the Ruffian MX's with the waffle pattern on the bottom of the grip. They look and sound like a good middle ground between the Ruffians and Rogues.

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 2, 2011, 3:32 a.m.

Race Face Good 'N' Evil. Soft and grippy.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells