Best DH brake system, c'mon in...

Sept. 13, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

So nice! I might have to get those and put my other hopes on the small bike. Hmmmm
The new pedals and one piece chainring/bashguard looks nice too

A buddy wants my V2s so I will be ordering the V4s as soon as they are available from CRC…

Sept. 13, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

A buddy wants my V2s so I will be ordering the V4s as soon as they are available from CRC…

I don't think I've seen a bad product out of Hope in recent years. I know my brakes (2y/o
tech 4's) have not let me down at all. I like the idea of the V2 power with 4 piston feel.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 13, 2012, 6:48 p.m.

LBS has a low hassle warranty. I'm currently trying to deal with CRC on getting a warranty replacement/repair for my Saint M810. Sent them back last week; I'll let you know how it goes…

For anyone who cares, I got my warranty replacement (in the form of a refund) approved by CRC, 4 weeks after I sent them back . Once the refund is deposited back to Visa, I'll be buying the new M820! :woot: :rocker:

Sept. 13, 2012, 9:18 p.m.

For anyone who cares, I got my warranty replacement (in the form of a refund) approved by CRC, 4 weeks after I sent them back . Once the refund is deposited back to Visa, I'll be buying the new M820! :woot: :rocker:

wow that is seriously good to know. almost seems faster than fucking around with Norco for avid warranties here in canada…
1 step closer to pretty much everyone buying everything online. This is when i feel bad for LBS - most of this shit is so far beyond their control, yet they still lose the $$$.

Sept. 14, 2012, 9:16 a.m.

Duffman,the shimanos seem to perform well most of the time,but I have had trouble with earlier model brakes when below zero.It could be the mineral oil,but if you don't ride below freezing,who cares:grinno:

Thanks for the update. I think I am getting too old to ride below 0 now. Mine are out for delivery so should have them in hand soon. Can't wait.

Sept. 17, 2012, 9:39 a.m.

Tried out the M640 ZEE brakes on whistler yesterday.
In Comparison to my AVID Code R's

• Much more powerful
  • A little Grabby but controllable after you ride it for a few runs
  • build quality was far superior to the codes
  • the wave feel is odd when you in line up pulling on the brakes but didn't notice at all on the hill
  • Pre bled doesn't mean free of air. I had to bleed the rear a little
  • bleed kit for the newer shimano is $12.33 at Fanatyko. Cheaper than avid kit and seems much easier to use.
  • Modulation was hard to control in the beginning because of the increased power but once I rode for a few runs it got easier (plus was bedding in the pads so threw a little more parameters into the mix)
Sept. 17, 2012, 2:50 p.m.

Still fucking waiting for Rose to get back to me and when I tried to ring there was no answer :lol: their customer service is an absolute joke. Right now I don't even know if my brake has been received or processed for warranty by Madison so not sure if I'll even get a replacement after waiting all this time. It was sent off at least a month ago. I will never order from a non-UK store again, despite their prices being really good!

Also, considering going back to Avids. I prefer the lower profile lever design and when bled properly the lever feel is better to me. I don't like the Shimano bite point, it's too far in, and the blades are a bit small. They do stop well, though. And the bleed seems wayy easier than Avid. Guess I just kinda have a sour taste in my mouth after how easily it broke!

Sept. 28, 2012, 10:17 p.m.

Have to get new brakes soon. Thinking of going Hayes Prime Pro. I really don't like shimano offerings. Just didn't dig any set I have ever tried. I find they have to bite and the lever feel is just a bit off. Avid's are fine but that's about it.

:england:

Sept. 28, 2012, 10:27 p.m.

Hope?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 29, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

Have to get new brakes soon. Thinking of going Hayes Prime Pro. I really don't like shimano offerings. Just didn't dig any set I have ever tried. I find they have to bite and the lever feel is just a bit off. Avid's are fine but that's about it.

Friends don't let friends buy Hayes.

If you don't like Shimano, go with Formula or Hope.

Sept. 30, 2012, 11:12 p.m.

I've honestly never heard anyone say anything bad about formula. I've ridden old+2010 The ones, oros, and RXs, and I can't really fault them in any major way (my oros have really low pad clearance, even after they were bled, but I've succeeded in eliminating any rubbing). I just rode my 2010 ones for the first time since bleeding yesterday, and they're just so confidence inspiring. Less initial bite but more power when stopping at high speed than the m820 saints which I rode at whistler on a fanatycko aurum. I would kill to try a pair of ROs. If the 2012 models get discounted next season I might pick some up and move the ones from my DH bike to my hardtail.