Bell Super 2R Helmet

Dec. 18, 2014, 7:31 p.m.

Are there test results for the face guard? A false sense of security might not be such a good thing.

Bell/Giro have entensive test facilities where they destroy both their own and competing products in a huge variety of ways, so you can be sure they have all kinds of numbers for how these face guards compare to any number of different full face helmets.

I haven't seen anything released and I too would love to see the numbers. The system looks robust and there definitely seems to be a lot of interest.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Dec. 18, 2014, 8:19 p.m.

http://urgebike.com/images/produits/archienduro_13.jpg

my favorite fullface and race helmet , all though i do ride with a open face at times i do prefer my fullface on certain trails .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 19, 2014, 12:09 a.m.

Impact test for the Super 2R:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-bell-super-2r-helmet-impact-testing-2014.html

Dec. 19, 2014, 9:48 a.m.

Impact test for the Super 2R:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-bell-super-2r-helmet-impact-testing-2014.html

That's cool. But what are the results. It does not look as though the chin bar failed, but would it pass whatever test standard there is? I assume yes but it would be interesting to see how it stacked up against a DH helmet and Motocross one too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 19, 2014, 10:01 a.m.

That's cool. But what are the results. It does not look as though the chin bar failed, but would it pass whatever test standard there is? I assume yes but it would be interesting to see how it stacked up against a DH helmet and Motocross one too.

The chin piece seems to flex a lot towards the face. But maybe this is a good thing, as it absorbs the energy of the impact? I don't know.
You are right, would be interesting to see how a regular full face takes this test.

Dec. 19, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

The chin piece seems to flex a lot towards the face. But maybe this is a good thing, as it absorbs the energy of the impact? I don't know.
You are right, would be interesting to see how a regular full face takes this test.

I'm guessing it won't be quite as protective as a proper full face but nor should it be. Ideally it'll still be light and provide more face protection than a regular open face lid - which is a good compromise for a lot of Shore riding.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 19, 2014, 1:54 p.m.

That is the same test for the DH helmets and it passes. As I said I would like to see how a Troy Lee or other high end helmet does on this test.

Dec. 22, 2014, 6:57 a.m.

After watching the video of the test, I'd like to point out that my original post in this thread is pointless - it looks pretty durable.

I still cannot see a reason why anyone should want to buy such a helmet. Maybe a rider who does not want to shell out money for two different helmets!? During the week some riding on the local trails, and on some weekends maybe some park riding.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 24, 2015, 8:30 a.m.

I'm hearing that they fit funny , or differently than the regular Super…..so try one on before buying

I ended up buying a MET Parachute, I'm very impressed with it.

However, I'm sure the Super 2R won't disappoint either.

What shops carry this helmet? MEC only has 1, in large which is too big for me.

Feb. 24, 2015, 8:41 a.m.

What shops carry this helmet? MEC only has 1, in large which is too big for me.

Lynn valley bikes has a bunch of the 2R in. I picked one up its very comfortable and the airflow is great.

Feb. 24, 2015, 8:45 a.m.

I gambled and ordered from CRC, MEC only has black and red colour way…I needed blue.
Lucky for me the fit and quality of the helmet is awesome.
I'd assume it should fit well for everyone, the back cinch device not only cinches down the outer diameter of the helmet but also snugs up some retention fittings across the top of you head (There are 2 , maybe 3 of them that run from forehead area to the back of your head) creating a super good almost custom like snug fit.

Feb. 24, 2015, 10:41 a.m.

I gambled and ordered from CRC, MEC only has black and red colour way…I needed blue.
Lucky for me the fit and quality of the helmet is awesome.
I'd assume it should fit well for everyone, the back cinch device not only cinches down the outer diameter of the helmet but also snugs up some retention fittings across the top of you head (There are 2 , maybe 3 of them that run from forehead area to the back of your head) creating a super good almost custom like snug fit.

There is quite a large price discrepancy between the two.
MEC $250
CRC $311

Feb. 25, 2015, 12:29 a.m.

There is quite a large price discrepancy between the two.
MEC $250
CRC $311

I observed similar pricing differences with other things, quite offten CRC was a bit pricey compared to other sites.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 25, 2015, 5:44 a.m.

I observed similar pricing differences with other things, quite offten CRC was a bit pricey compared to other sites.

the euro lost against the pound, but stuff was most of the time more expensive @ crc. only a few years ago when the pound took a big hit there was a cheap window to get stuff cheap. stick to the german shops

Feb. 25, 2015, 7:28 a.m.

Kinetic in Coquitlam has a bunch in medium.