Bell Super 2R Helmet

Dec. 16, 2014, 8:32 a.m.

Has anyone seen this helmet locally? I'd like to check one out.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-bell-super-2r-helmet-2014.html

Dec. 16, 2014, 8:54 a.m.

I've been asking around and most shops are saying that they should be in around mid-January. I'd imagine they will be a very popular item when they arrive - I plan on buying one.

Dec. 16, 2014, 9:51 a.m.

I'm hearing that they fit funny , or differently than the regular Super…..so try one on before buying

I ended up buying a MET Parachute, I'm very impressed with it.

However, I'm sure the Super 2R won't disappoint either.

Dec. 16, 2014, 10:29 a.m.

I would like to see that same test done on the Parachute and then done on a regular FF helmet to see how they all do.

Dec. 16, 2014, 11:26 a.m.

I would like to see that same test done on the Parachute and then done on a regular FF helmet to see how they all do.

I saw an ad for the new Bell helmet in the current issue of Bike Mag, and the first thought I had was along the lines of "Gee, we already had the Giro version…and that was ages ago."

I never saw any torn off or damaged Giros back in the day, but I simply can not get my head around a full face that is basically constructed from two parts, no matter the construction.

But then, I am no engineer - but common sense tells me if a rider goes really, really fast - and crashes, well, would a once piece construction not be better?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 16, 2014, 11:32 a.m.

The MET Parachute has the "DH" certification…the Bell doesn't, However the Bell testing illustrates its protection just fine.

A head to head demo would be awesome as u suggest

Dec. 16, 2014, 7:13 p.m.

Its kool and all, very "Enduro" has its place and meant for racers. But really how much are you going to laugh when your buddy climbs up fromme with regular helmet on, stops at the trail head and pulls his full face piece out of his bag and begins to click it together ? … i guess if you lose your teeth on the ride and look like a hockey player hes the one laughing

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

Dec. 16, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

I never took the faceguard off this one while riding up and down. I guess I wasn't Enduroing (TM) at the time.

Dec. 17, 2014, 8:57 a.m.

Its kool and all, very "Enduro" has its place and meant for racers. But really how much are you going to laugh when your buddy climbs up fromme with regular helmet on, stops at the trail head and pulls his full face piece out of his bag and begins to click it together ? … i guess if you lose your teeth on the ride and look like a hockey player hes the one laughing

Agreed, if your going stop to do that…you may as well just strap your whole helmet to your pack and climb

Dec. 17, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

Not understanding the desire for this kind of helmet.

Dec. 17, 2014, 9:47 a.m.

Yeah, me too? Apparently I don't enduro properly either.

Dec. 17, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

I actually like this idea. Even though many of my rides are primarily straight-up/straight-down they always include a lot of techy XC stuff where I would prefer not to be wearing a full face. For me the biggest question is how likely am I to actually stop to take the chin bar on and off.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 17, 2014, 10:16 a.m.

Currently i see a lot of enduro racers wearing a road helmet up with ff strapped on and vice versa going down. Makes sense for racers. The chin bar can inhibit drinking and eating on the ride up so i understand why one wouldn't want that in the way for going up and across.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 17, 2014, 10:40 a.m.

I think it might boild down to profit - as some of you have already stated, it does not really make sense, given the fact that you can strap a ff or a "normal" lid onto it.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 17, 2014, 11:14 a.m.

Another review: http://www.vitalmtb.com/interstitial?page=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitalmtb.com%2Fproduct%2Fguide%2FFull-Face-Helmets%2C52%2FBell%2FSuper-2R%2C15188#product-reviews/1976