Bearing supplier in BC/the Web

Aug. 9, 2021, 6:09 a.m.

Enduro? SKF? NSK/NTN? Where do you buy your pivot, BB, headset, wheel, etc. bearings from?

Thanks in advance, I've been creeping the forum for years, decided to take the dive.

Aug. 9, 2021, 11:38 a.m.

Lordco had all the frame bearings I needed for an On-One Codeine frame. I also use their bearings in Hope hubs.

I had to get the proper kit from North Shore Bike shop for a Transition Triple frame since it had an uncommon main-pivot bearing.

If you have a transition, I'd start with an e-mail to them.

Amazon has cheap bearings, but they don't promise to get them to you anytime soon.

Motion industries didn't workout for me, and their website had different stock than the store in coquitlam.

Grainger.ca seemed to have everything. I didn't actually order from them though since NSBS responded that they had a complete kit in stock.

Aug. 9, 2021, 12:13 p.m.

Ive bought bearings at Lynn Valley Bikes (Rocky frame bearings) and at Obsession (DT Swiss wheel).

Im going to do my i9 Hydras soon - will start looking for those bearings locally but might have to get them from i9.

Aug. 9, 2021, 3:21 p.m.

I used these guys for a recent frame and hub refresh.

https://www.bearingscanada.com/

Lots of options for ceramics and hybrids should you desire.

Aug. 9, 2021, 7:23 p.m.

Awesome, any issues with quality of the bearings from Lordco or Bearings Canada?

Aug. 9, 2021, 9:06 p.m.

I recently needed some bearings just before leaving for a trip. Motion didn't have what I needed in town but I called Amcan and they had stock. Amcan doesn't do direct sales but you can purchase through Motion and pickup at Amcan's warehouse. Motion uses Amcan as a supplier but sometimes their part numbers don't match up.

https://www.amcanbearing.com

Aug. 9, 2021, 9:23 p.m.

I haven't had an issue with Lordco bearings. They seem to last as long as the stock bearings in the Hope hubs. They're usually a few bucks each. I think the codiene frame was just over $20 for the 8 bearings I needed. Seemed roughly what I saw online when looking for bearings for the other frame.

Full disclaimer: I don't much about bearings. I'm checking in on this thread for advice too. I'm hoping someone here can teach me something. Lordco bearing part number for my Transition Triple were 61800 instead of 6800 specified by Transition. The bearings appeared to be the same size. I wasn't able to quickly find the answer on google. Does anyone know what the "1 modifier" means in the bearing part number?

Aug. 10, 2021, 5:18 a.m.

6 series Single-row deep groove ball bearing.

The extra 1, while standardized, may be some type of modifier that is manufacturer specific.

From the Koyo doc.

_ "Bearing numbers of standard bearings corresponding to JIS B 1512 "rolling bearing boundary dimensions" are prescribed in JIS B 1513__

_As well as these bearing numbers, JTEKT uses supplementary codes other than those _provided by JIS."_

Thanks again for the help, I'll post anything else I find.  There is a good chart on the Enduro bearing page as well.

Last edited by: TimeforaRide on Aug. 10, 2021, 5:19 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 10, 2021, 7:51 a.m.

Posted by: TimeforaRide

Awesome, any issues with quality of the bearings from Lordco or Bearings Canada?

I was a little hit or miss with some Bearings Canada product. Some were OK, some weren't worth the effort to press into the frame/hub. If it's a thing that's a pain in the ass to get apart I always buy the best bearings I can. Something that's easy to access, I will take a chance with less expensive stuff.

Aug. 10, 2021, 7:54 a.m.

Local Bike shops (Van)  were reluctant to sell me bearings without the labour so I got mine from Jenson. Shipped up in a few days. No tax that I noticed. Enduro's were a few $$ cheaper per bearing from them as well.

Last edited by: MaxRockatansky on Aug. 10, 2021, 7:57 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 11, 2021, 2:43 a.m.

No one selling SKF or FAG bearings in Canada to the public?

Aug. 13, 2021, 9:30 a.m.

somewhat related and a great video.....

https://youtu.be/5DAmHyqzJOo

Aug. 13, 2021, 12:52 p.m.

hahahah that was awesome.

Aug. 16, 2021, 1:44 p.m.

Posted by: MaxRockatansky

Local Bike shops (Van)  were reluctant to sell me bearings without the labour so I got mine from Jenson. Shipped up in a few days. No tax that I noticed. Enduro's were a few $$ cheaper per bearing from them as well.

When Bicycle Hub was around, I bought Enduro bearings from them.  A place like Dialed might do the same.