b/b armageddon!

Dec. 30, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/12/29/token-cinches-thread-fit-bottom-brackets-solve-press-fit-woes/#more-146563

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 30, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

Wow that pricing looks pretty good. I just ordered the Wheels Mfg PF 92 version of this with angular contact bearings but these are definitely competitive or better. Enduro bearings also makes something similar but they seem to be the most expensive of the bunch. Its hard to find many reviews or comparisons on these, especially for the PF92 versions.

Dec. 31, 2016, 12:36 p.m.

Post pics of install?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 31, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

I'm still waiting for amazon to deliver mine and it may be a while after that before I install it. My BB creak went away miraculously as soon as it got wet again after drying out in the cold weather.

I actually like the Token design better because it has the composite sleeves between the bb shell and bb so the when you screw it in, the aluminum insert is not turning directly against the frame shell. The composite sleeve also probably puts less stress on frame shells that are slightly on the small or not perfectly round side. However they may also make it slightly more likely to creak as well.

Apparently Hope also has an option for this that appears very well thought out.

I really would like to see someone do a comparison between these options. I wonder if anyone has ever split a carbon frame BB shell by putting in one of these screw together options in a shell that is slightly undersized.

Jan. 3, 2017, 9:34 a.m.

I wish they made this for my bike.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Jan. 3, 2017, 10:14 a.m.

So with this, you dont have to press in one side first? You can just carefully thread the 2 pcs together to pull them into the frame simultaneously?

I like seeing the small guys come up with good solutions to problems that the big guys seem to ignore

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 3, 2017, 1:12 p.m.

So with this, you dont have to press in one side first? You can just carefully thread the 2 pcs together to pull them into the frame simultaneously?

I like seeing the small guys come up with good solutions to problems that the big guys seem to ignore

That's correct for the Wheels MFG one - you press in the one side then screw in the other with either grease (metal BB shell) or a Teflon Paste (carbon BB shell). On the Token it seems to be a similar deal where you keep the one side from turning while you screw in the other side, causing them both to compress into the BB shell. On the Token model I would guess the composite sleeve would likely remain stationary on both sides and the metal part would turn inside the composite sleeve which I like better. The though of turning a metal part inside a press fit bottom bracket does turn my stomach but maybe the side the turns is actually machined slightly smaller (although that again could lead to movement and creaking). I will see when I get Wheels Mfg one I ordered.

Jan. 11, 2017, 1:24 p.m.

Enduro bearings also makes something similar but they seem to be the most expensive of the bunch.

I have the Torqtite on my Shan and it was cheaper than the SRAM pressfit by a couple bucks.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.