Banshee Rampant

Nov. 23, 2009, 11:32 p.m.

Looks like a well thought out part spec. You'll have a blast riding it at Whistler. Most people don't know how progressive the suspension is and that 4" of travel is enough for the lower part of the mountain.

Grip shift…you and IFO are the two remaining survivors.

Post up your thoughts on the nobby nics when you have some riding time on them. Curious.

I've done both the upper and lower part of whistler with only 4.5 inches of travel 2 years in a row. Wasn't a problem! Just more challenging.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Nov. 24, 2009, 12:42 a.m.

Does that mean you will have a covert for sale??

Nov. 24, 2009, 5:47 a.m.

I rode a rampant with pikes up front on whistler top and bottom including goats gully! haha

It certianly made for some interesting moments… but sooo much fun! You just have to ride aggresively, and not be lazy!

I really think you will love riding this bike, it always puts a smile on my face when I jump on my rampant.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Nov. 24, 2009, 6:34 a.m.

Grip shift…you and IFO are the two remaining survivors.

I would run an XO gripshifter if I could find one.

Nov. 24, 2009, 9:03 a.m.

the XO gripshifters are cheap and amazing shifting I hear…I would give one a try.

Love the rampant…its a sexy little bike, but I will keep my Rune for now…lol…love the extra travel to make up for my hackish riding. :)

Nov. 24, 2009, 9:17 a.m.

I built this bike based on my 4 JAcks experience. After the event I thought long and hard as to what bike would have been better for me and this is what I came up with. I'll also be using it for:

- all solo Fromme laps
- all Woodlot, Eagle, Burke, travel
- all Squamish, SSC, WA
- all DJ
- some Whistler park days
- some xc races
- filming? Maybe…

-m

pretty comprehensive.. does that mean the big bike is for laps to the grocery store?

Nov. 24, 2009, 10:44 a.m.

pretty comprehensive.. does that mean the big bike is for laps to the grocery store?

And Cypress!

Nov. 24, 2009, 12:49 p.m.

And Cypress!

and Seymour, Pemberton, some Whistler, and Silver Star or Sun Peaks, and DH racing I may do, most likely all filming, and Fromme with the boys. There'll be plenty of mileage on the big bike too. Maybe even too much as in years past. My poor little bikes sit unused and I race XC on my DH bikes…

-m

Nov. 24, 2009, 3:54 p.m.

and Seymour, Pemberton, some Whistler, and Silver Star or Sun Peaks, and DH racing I may do, most likely all filming, and Fromme with the boys. There'll be plenty of mileage on the big bike too. Maybe even too much as in years past. My poor little bikes sit unused and I race XC on my DH bikes…

-m

well, I'm gonna say that the rampant will pedal a helluva lot better up a big, technical hill than a TR450. :lol:

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 24, 2009, 4:15 p.m.

I would run an XO gripshifter if I could find one.

What these? ;)

Nov. 24, 2009, 5:03 p.m.

-m

I'd like to know you you get proper seat extension with that bike.

Nov. 24, 2009, 5:41 p.m.

What do you mean Ken? If I'll be able to get full extension on the little bike? If so yes with seat all the way up I get a pretty good fit, except a low front end but that actually works well for actually tech climbing. If you're asking about the big bike, it doesn't matter what type of fit I get cause I always stand and pedal.

-m

Nov. 24, 2009, 6:19 p.m.

Oh I meant the Rampant. We've never met personally, although I have seen you on the trails. I think you're about 6'2"ish.

The large rampant has just under 15 inches for a seat tube, which makes me think that you getting full extension is not likely.

For a play bike, on the trail or in the air, I think it's perfect. But get a good chiropractor if you're going to climb that sucker on a regular basis.

As for a 4 jacks bike, I think the spitfire would be a much better choice given the frame sizing, travel, and geometry that I assume you prefer. Something like this:

Again, cool bike,. I'm not meaning to stir things up as that's not what I do on here, but the logic wasn't adding up.

Nov. 24, 2009, 6:29 p.m.

What these? ;)

Yea those! :mullet: Are you selling?

Nov. 24, 2009, 6:42 p.m.

Pretty sure I have a set Wayne