Banshee Darkside?

Dec. 17, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

Took a search through and found lots of older threads by people considering the Darkside, but not very many hits from people who own one.

Anyone have any experience with one?

Looking to pick up a park/shuttle/pedal-suffer bike.

Hoping to use this bike to almost exclusively for park/shuttle (I have a Chromag Wideangle for trail days) so pedaling is not that important. That being said I will probably put a dropper on it.

Dec. 17, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

Took a search through and found lots of older threads by people considering the Darkside, but not very many hits from people who own one.

Anyone have any experience with one?

Looking to pick up a park/shuttle/pedal-suffer bike.

Hoping to use this bike to almost exclusively for park/shuttle (I have a Chromag Wideangle for trail days) so pedaling is not that important. That being said I will probably put a dropper on it.

The new Knolly Delirium might be another good choice? Might be more pedal friendly but still bike park worthy.

Dec. 17, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

Looked in to it already, going to cost at least a grand more :(

Dec. 18, 2015, 8:51 a.m.

Looked in to it already, going to cost at least a grand more :(

…and it is AT LEAST a grand also. Plus you will be able to sell it for a grand more after a couple seasons too ;)

Dec. 19, 2015, 11:26 a.m.

Says who?

Plus LOL @ bicycle resale value.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 19, 2015, 4:59 p.m.

Dylan rides one. I know…..He's a bit of a hack,but it seems to work for him:rocker:http://www.pinkbike.com/news/must-watch-dylan-sheffer-freeride-lives-2-2015.html

Dec. 19, 2015, 7:12 p.m.

great for those loose program hacks like myself as lou mentioned. Run a vivid air in the back and bike really shines. I had no luck with the canecreek db air completely through the bike off in my opinion. Coming from a specialized demo the bike is much more pedal friendly. however it might lack a bit of the subtle small bump in the rear a full on DH specific bike is going to have. Only real difference i noticed in comparison. bike feels alot less slugish in comparison but its definitely still a park bike. it does "freeduro" ok tho. :rocker:

Dec. 20, 2015, 11:01 a.m.

Talked to a few people who have made the darkside there do it all bike. Them seem to like it. obviously not going to be as fast up hills and a Rune but bet its a blast going down with that big front fork and a coil in the back.

Dec. 20, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

Nice, I'm pretty stoked on it so far.

If I end up getting it (which seems pretty darn likely right now) I'll definitely be running a Float X2 in the rear and a 180 Float RC2 on the front. Definitely going air over coil.

Dec. 21, 2015, 5:46 a.m.

I do not own a Darkside, but I have been aboard a Rune V2 for more than a year and half. The Darkside on paper appears to be a Rune on steroids. I would surmise that like the Rune the Darkside is going to be amazing pedaling bike, making it very fun and playful on messy trails or in a park. I agree with Porkchop in so much that if you are looking for a more DH mow-over-everything kind of rig that it's not likely going to suit you. "Freeduro" or "Superenduro" …that sounds about right. :evil:

"Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

Jan. 5, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

Alright so I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger but I haven't even been on one yet as I can't find one around town. Tried the local dealers, no luck.

If anyone knows someone (or has one) that has one in medium or large there's a 12 pack in it for you if we can meet up and I can ride it around your parking lot or something. I just need to determine sizing before I get it ordered.

Let me know!

Jan. 6, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

Alright so I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger but I haven't even been on one yet as I can't find one around town. Tried the local dealers, no luck.

If anyone knows someone (or has one) that has one in medium or large there's a 12 pack in it for you if we can meet up and I can ride it around your parking lot or something. I just need to determine sizing before I get it ordered.

Let me know!

Lynn Valley bikes don't have a black one in stock? must have sold it since I was by last!

Jan. 6, 2016, 9:17 p.m.

North shore bike shop had a darkside a while back

Jan. 7, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

North shore bike shop had a darkside a while back

According to their pinkbike page, they have a medium and a large in stock:

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/north-shore-bike-shop/

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Jan. 7, 2016, 4:46 p.m.

That's great :D

Last time I was in Lynn Valley I didn't see any around.