Banshee Chap Size

Sept. 23, 2006, 12:03 p.m.

speaking of Banshee, anything new coming down for 2007?

www.FVMBA.com

Sept. 25, 2006, 9:56 a.m.

There is one new model coming for 2007, it has the name of a bike from last year, the Wraith, but is completely new. 6" travel Turner 4 bar, with full length seat tube and a hydroformed front triangle with the asymetrical hourglass head tube, internally ribbed rear stays. It should build up in the around 32 to 35 pounds and is designed to be a freeride/slopestyle bike that can be set up as an all-mountain build as well.
Pictures to follow as soon as I have some.

Sept. 25, 2006, 4:27 p.m.

Is it a cross between the Pyre and the Chap in a sense?

And no DH bike yet?

22 Pride

Sept. 25, 2006, 4:44 p.m.

The DH bike will be for 2008, proto's and testing summer 2007.

The Wraith is to fill the gap in between the Pyre and the Chap/Scream. It will be stronger and more durable for freeriding than the Pyre, but lighter than the Chap [HTML_REMOVED] Scream.

Sept. 25, 2006, 4:58 p.m.

Damn, a whole 'nother year! Any chance you want a hack to help test one out? I case on a regular basis…;) I'd love to try some downhill races this coming summer also, no chance of an early release?

22 Pride

Sept. 25, 2006, 6 p.m.

I'm around 5'11 and ride a large(17.5" frame size) 2006 chaparral.
Bike feels pretty good with a travis triple up front. It feels roomy, but still compact and nimble like someone said before. It lacks a little bit on full blown high speed stuff, but it more than makes up for it when it comes to slower speed technical lines. I was riding rock faces without thinking about it, that I was too sketched out to ride on my old bullit. I also find the chap to be amazing on skinnies, it tracks amazingly well on skinnies and log rides for sure..

Sept. 26, 2006, 5:21 a.m.

new Wraith sounds pretty damn cool :)

I just picked up an 06 Wraith complete bike in 17", and gotta say it rides so sweet on the singletrack in the woods above London, climbs way better than my big bike (13lb weight advantage!!) and yet feels pretty tough

can't wait for my 07 Chap, time to look into air shock / air forks

rob

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Sept. 27, 2006, 3:41 a.m.

heres my new Wraith :)

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1030999/

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1030998/

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Sept. 29, 2006, 10:22 p.m.

Were you talking to me, because I may be selling my medium 06 Chap. I'll let you know on Monday or Tuesday.

anyonw who is planning on selling a chap really

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 30, 2006, 4:01 a.m.

I'm deciding on a new frame. It's down to a 2005 Chap (btw is the 06 much different?) from PricePoint, or the new Wriath, which sounds like it suits my riding style better. I want the frame only, cause I want a Marz front end. I don't go too big off the drops but I'm a beater. I ride steep rollers and washed out baby-head type technicals at speed. I broke 3 Jamis xlt3 chainstays, so I need something beefier to abuse.

re: Wraith decision
What's the price gonna be?
How long must I wait before I can buy it?
I might just by the 05 chap today because I am impulsive, but if I can get the Wriath, that would be very good. I also don't need much more than 150 in the front. I'm thinking the 66 single crown…

Sept. 30, 2006, 3:18 p.m.

the 06 chap has 1 or 2 more inches of suspencion than the 05

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 30, 2006, 5:05 p.m.

I'm deciding on a new frame. It's down to a 2005 Chap (btw is the 06 much different?) from PricePoint, or the new Wriath, which sounds like it suits my riding style better. I want the frame only, cause I want a Marz front end. I don't go too big off the drops but I'm a beater. I ride steep rollers and washed out baby-head type technicals at speed. I broke 3 Jamis xlt3 chainstays, so I need something beefier to abuse.

sounds to me like the Wraith might be more your kinda rig… the 06 chap has the same geometry as the Scream, so is less all day epic, and more hardcore freeride. The wraith is much more an epic ride/freeride bike. And if you want to go lighter, then check out the pyre, it's amazing!

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Sept. 30, 2006, 5:59 p.m.

Dude, I'm 6'3" and I ride a Scream…Size Small….I like short bikes….My Letoy how ever is a large, it rides nice but I prefer my Scream.

Sept. 30, 2006, 6:03 p.m.

sounds to me like the Wraith might be more your kinda rig… the 06 chap has the same geometry as the Scream, so is less all day epic, and more hardcore freeride. The wraith is much more an epic ride/freeride bike. And if you want to go lighter, then check out the pyre, it's amazing!

Yeah the Wraith, last year's sounded good but the parts group was wayyy underspect. (I had Manitou Black on a superfreak and hated it)…
I red the review on the Pyre, it sounds good but very close in setup to my XLT 3 (Jamis sent me an 07 frame for my troubles). Why have two of the same exact type of bike?

I have a dream…
I want to build a Heavy Duty All Mtn Wraith …DT hubs, …strong but not trendy Vuelta FR hoop…Marz 66 or AM1 150-170ish… (depends on axel spec)… XT …Saint - three rings…Juicy's…Thompson s…maybe an Easton riser bar…

1. Being an impulsive American, I want a 2007 Wraith frame now.
2. I don't want to spend more on the frame than the 06 complete might have been as frame only (under $1,500 us).
3. Am I dreaming to think I'd have one by the end of October?

Thanks for replying to me. Makes me feel like Banshee frame choice has loyal fan support. (considered also beefy bikes like the new Sinister, Norco, Santa Cluz, - all fell short some spec, price, reputation, buzz etc. in search)

Oct. 2, 2006, 12:58 p.m.

Yeah the Wraith, last year's sounded good but the parts group was wayyy underspect. (I had Manitou Black on a superfreak and hated it)…
I red the review on the Pyre, it sounds good but very close in setup to my XLT 3 (Jamis sent me an 07 frame for my troubles). Why have two of the same exact type of bike?

I have a dream…
I want to build a Heavy Duty All Mtn Wraith …DT hubs, …strong but not trendy Vuelta FR hoop…Marz 66 or AM1 150-170ish… (depends on axel spec)… XT …Saint - three rings…Juicy's…Thompson s…maybe an Easton riser bar…

1. Being an impulsive American, I want a 2007 Wraith frame now.
2. I don't want to spend more on the frame than the 06 complete might have been as frame only (under $1,500 us).
3. Am I dreaming to think I'd have one by the end of October?

Thanks for replying to me. Makes me feel like Banshee frame choice has loyal fan support. (considered also beefy bikes like the new Sinister, Norco, Santa Cluz, - all fell short some spec, price, reputation, buzz etc. in search)

Unfortunately, October is a dream for the Wraith, hopefully it will be available around mid February, but it may be closer to the summer.

With the description of your riding style, I would look at an 06 Chap, that would be the better choice of what is available right now. The 06 is lighter than the 05, it has 6" or 7" positions, and a more freeride geometry than the 05.