Banshee bikes

Sept. 1, 2016, 2:44 a.m.

over here in europe I see quite a lot of them. recent ones, too.
distribution seems wo to work so far…

Sept. 1, 2016, 10:51 p.m.

Question, do you pedal your Darkside around the shore or do you mostly park ride it? and if you do pedal, is it a brute or not bad at all?

I built it up with all trail parts. I think it's either 32.5 or 33.5 lbs I can't remember.
It's not the best to pedal but I get up most the local climbs. The only things I don't make are the things I wouldn't make on my hardtail :) It's mostly the seat angle that makes things brutal, my weight is so far back it gets quite squirrely on climbs. The length gets a little awkward on some tight uphill switchbacks but it's not too bad.

Fox 36 170mm up front, 30t ring, 42t XT in the back, Float X2.

I'm waiting for my next cheque to buy the climb switch for the X2 and then it should be even better :)

Sept. 2, 2016, 9:34 a.m.

Spitfire v2 with lyric u turn here on 26.
No reason to change bikes last 3-4 years. It rips.
Still original bearings.
$1000 was reasonable replacement cost going from my v1 rune.
I've got the 650b drop outs, but need a fork and wheels.
How is the bike at 27.5 compared to 26?

i love the 27.5 wheels on my spitfire. noticeable for the fast descents just floating over things. the extra height of wheels took a few rides to get used to and once i got the stack dialed it was perfect for everything. i absolutely love my spitfire and i say it every ride i go on. such a great bike.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Sept. 2, 2016, 3:30 p.m.

JensonUSA is blowing out 2015 Darksides for $3k USD and 2016 Legends for $4k USD with pretty sweet build kits. I was also talking to a shop owner that used to sell Banshee and echoed some comments earlier in this thread. If I'm buying new I want shop/manufacturer support, otherwise I would consider some of these deals. Matte black Legend with BoXXer Team, CCDB, X01DH and Spank Race wheels for $4k USD is pretty good and looks super badass :).

Sept. 3, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

I built it up with all trail parts. I think it's either 32.5 or 33.5 lbs I can't remember.
It's not the best to pedal but I get up most the local climbs. The only things I don't make are the things I wouldn't make on my hardtail :) It's mostly the seat angle that makes things brutal, my weight is so far back it gets quite squirrely on climbs. The length gets a little awkward on some tight uphill switchbacks but it's not too bad.

Fox 36 170mm up front, 30t ring, 42t XT in the back, Float X2.

I'm waiting for my next cheque to buy the climb switch for the X2 and then it should be even better :)

Bloody hell! I love your build. Looks awesome! it seeems like the kind of frame thats right on the edge of being a do it all bike, makes me want to try one. I have the Rune currently.

JensonUSA is blowing out 2015 Darksides for $3k USD and 2016 Legends for $4k USD with pretty sweet build kits. I was also talking to a shop owner that used to sell Banshee and echoed some comments earlier in this thread. If I'm buying new I want shop/manufacturer support, otherwise I would consider some of these deals. Matte black Legend with BoXXer Team, CCDB, X01DH and Spank Race wheels for $4k USD is pretty good and looks super badass :).

not really sure what you are worried about. My local bike shop will work on my bike regardless of where I buy it from. as far as support I have never heard banshee not responding to warranty issues directly.

Sept. 4, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

I had to do some hunting to get my Spitfire (purchased about a year ago) and eventually found the frame I was after at Krusty's in Richmond. They did the build for me but I get all servicing done at my local bike shop, as Krusty's isn't that close. Definitely worth the digging to find a dealer with bikes in stock; the Spitfire is an amazing ride and punches way above its specs. Lynn Valley also had bikes in at the time, but no small frames. I feel like I see other Banshees fairly regularly (mostly Runes) but it might be like buying a new car and then all you see is that model of car.

Sept. 5, 2016, 7:12 a.m.

Hey Guys,

Just to give you a bit of an update on whats been going on here at Banshee, and what the future holds.

We parted from our North American distributor about a year ago so that we could switch to a dealer direct model in order to offer our customers a better price, dealers a better margin, and expand the network of dealers across the whole of North America.

We didn't take this descion lightly as we knew it would cause a year or so of banshee's being a bit thin on the ground while we set everything up in order to do this properly. However we are now very close to having everything fully up and running in a simple fast and efficient way so that any dealer can potentially bring in a banshee frame, and stocking dealers will be well looked after.

We appologise for the delays in setup… but we are excited about what the future holds for our dealers and banshee riders.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Sept. 6, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

Hey Guys,

Just to give you a bit of an update on whats been going on here at Banshee, and what the future holds.

We parted from our North American distributor about a year ago so that we could switch to a dealer direct model in order to offer our customers a better price, dealers a better margin, and expand the network of dealers across the whole of North America.

We didn't take this descion lightly as we knew it would cause a year or so of banshee's being a bit thin on the ground while we set everything up in order to do this properly. However we are now very close to having everything fully up and running in a simple fast and efficient way so that any dealer can potentially bring in a banshee frame, and stocking dealers will be well looked after.

We appologise for the delays in setup… but we are excited about what the future holds for our dealers and banshee riders.

Thanks man! I am a massive fan of the Spitfire and am glad to hear you guys are about ready to get back into the N. American market. Everyone that has thrown a leg over my bike is always surprised what it can do and how adaptable the bike is while being sturdy as.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Sept. 7, 2016, 8:57 a.m.

Ive had a darkside for a little over a year now and love it. Built up as full on dh. The issue ive ever had with it is everytime i take the wheel off, the first run after putting it back on the axle always loosens off but is fine once i tighten it. Its a fun bike though.

Sept. 7, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

Ive had a darkside for a little over a year now and love it. Built up as full on dh. The issue ive ever had with it is everytime i take the wheel off, the first run after putting it back on the axle always loosens off but is fine once i tighten it. Its a fun bike though.

I had that same issue with my prime, then I bought a torque wrench and that issue went away. Also try using some of that white plumbers tape on the threads… That can help.

Sept. 7, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

I had that same issue with my prime, then I bought a torque wrench and that issue went away. Also try using some of that white plumbers tape on the threads… That can help.

or loctite.

- Phil Gordon

Sept. 7, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

Ive gone to the torque specs and it did nothing. Maybe ill try some sort of loctite.

Sept. 7, 2016, 1:08 p.m.

Ive gone to the torque specs and it did nothing. Maybe ill try some sort of loctite.

i lost my retention nut for the axle. instead i used an old aluminum washer from my other bike and cut a regular 5 mm bolt down to length and put that in instead. the thing has never backed out even without the loctite. i think the one-piece design of that retention bolt is more susceptible to backing out compared to the two-piece setup.

most likely loctite purple or blue.

- Phil Gordon

Sept. 9, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

I'm on a 2016 Prime,been the funnest bike i've owned in maybe 5 years.And there have been plenty of bikes in that 5 years.It's a very capable bike.