Bad Pyre, Bad Pyre

Oct. 30, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

i was thinking of buying this http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1440479/

bushing stories got me worried. Bad idea?

Can you ride an XL?

http://www.jensonusa.com/Complete-Bikes/Banshee-Spitfire-Comp-Bike

Will need to ship it to Bellingham and then cover it with mud for the trip back.

Oct. 30, 2013, 4:08 p.m.

^ wow thats quite the deal for the XL. But no that would be too big for me.

Oct. 30, 2013, 5:48 p.m.

Jesus. Some of you guys are being sarcastic dicks. I guess we're a great example of how people who may be great in person (as I know many of you are) and significantly less so when made anonymous by the internet. If my frame was forked 4 months after warranty and I had regularly maintained the bike as recommended I'd be pissed. If the company was completely unwilling to do anything (and I'm not sure if that is the case) I would be trying to figure something out which is what it seems the OP is trying to do.

And if I was an employee at a small company dealing with a customer with a frame issue (four months out of warranty) I'd try to figure out if there was something that could be done. Maybe look for some middle ground. And actually I'm surprised Banshee hasn't offered anything up at all. Have they?

And those of you suggesting using some honey are assuming the OP hasn't tried that. Maybe he hasn't but maybe he has. A lot of assuming going on. And dog piling.

Not stoked.

Oct. 30, 2013, 6:13 p.m.

The frame is out of warranty. Not much else to say really.

Although to add to Cam's comment, It's the Treks, Giants and Specializeds of this world who can afford to give away frames even though the warranty is void, not the small companies.

Everyone at Banshee, including the local distributor will have seen this thread. I'm not sure if that was the OP's intention!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 30, 2013, 7:19 p.m.

Although to add to Cam's comment, It's the Treks, Giants and Specializeds of this world who can afford to give away frames even though the warranty is void, not the small companies.

Everyone at Banshee, including the local distributor will have seen this thread. I'm not sure if that was the OP's intention!

Cove bikes warrantied my frame a 3 or 4 months after the warranty expired … it wasn't a high-end Cove frame by any means but I appreciated the gesture from Chaz.

Oct. 31, 2013, 5:51 a.m.

Just to put the record straight here. The customer was offered serveral options before this thread was started that included free fixes to his existing frame, and an upgrade deal to a 2014 frame under our lifetime crash replacement policy.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Oct. 31, 2013, 6:15 a.m.

Just to put the record straight here. The customer was offered serveral options before this thread was started that included free fixes to his existing frame, and an upgrade deal to a 2014 frame under our lifetime crash replacement policy.

Sounds more than fair…

Oct. 31, 2013, 7:11 a.m.

Sounds like more than a lot of companies would do.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 31, 2013, 9:07 a.m.

Wow, OP conveniently left that out of their post eh?

That's why threads like these suck. Whoever starts them is going to tell a story that's most sympathetic to their situation, or the resolution they're seeking, and not necessarily what actually happened.

It looks like OP's post should have read something more like:

"I bought a NOS frame and rode the shit out of it for two years and four months. In that time I may or may not have maintained it to Banshee's specified requirements, and now the bushing fittings are worn and loose. Banshee have offered to fix my current frame for free, or sell me a 2014 frame at a crazy discount, but they refuse to give me a brand new frame for free. Those guys are total assholes, amiright?"

Because at the end of the day, everyone that rides bikes, but doesn't work in the industry, thinks that any broken part = warranty. And to them warranty is synonymous with free.

Anyone have an advise on how to get them to do the right thing and sort me out for a new frame?

That's the key sentence in OP's post, right there. By sort me out, they obviously mean give me one for free, since Keith has indicated Banshee offered a 2014 frame at a discount before this thread was started.

Ride, don't slide.

Oct. 31, 2013, 9:38 a.m.

That's the key sentence in OP's post, right there. By sort me out, they obviously mean give me one for free, since Keith has indicated Banshee offered a 2014 frame at a discount before this thread was started.

yeah.. that's what I see. He's just pissed that banshee didn't offer him a replacement 2014 frame under warranty.. free of charge

Oct. 31, 2013, 9:55 a.m.

OP should take a flying leap.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 31, 2013, 9:57 a.m.

Just noticed that this was the OP's first post on NSMB… talk about a shitty way to make an intro.

Oct. 31, 2013, 10:06 a.m.

Just noticed that this was the OP's first post on NSMB… talk about a shitty way to make an intro.

yeah, he really stuck it banshee, that'll show 'em!

Oct. 31, 2013, 10:51 a.m.

If anything I think this ups Banshees cred after hearing how they tried to help him out.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 31, 2013, 11:38 a.m.

Can you ride an XL?

http://www.jensonusa.com/Complete-Bikes/Banshee-Spitfire-Comp-Bike

Will need to ship it to Bellingham and then cover it with mud for the trip back.

^ wow thats quite the deal for the XL. But no that would be too big for me.

I found the Jenson pictures strange…and realized they are not the 2013 frame model…be wary!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca