asiwalkthroughthevalley_oftheshadowofHayes

June 29, 2005, 10:55 a.m.

I have XTs on 3 bikes for a reason. The power [HTML_REMOVED] modulation is amazing.
I've heard good things about the Avids, but I've only ridden them very briefly.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 30, 2005, 12:21 a.m.

HFX-9's suck ass compared to 02 Mags btw.

June 30, 2005, 10:48 a.m.

Anybody ever had an issue with the lower boiling point of mineral oil (i.e. compared to DOT 4 or 5).

Since the system is pressurised under use, the boiling point shouldn't be a problem (as pressure goes up, so does BP)

I'll put in another vote for Avid. I struggled with my hayes for 5 years, never truly happy, and now I have switched, I find bikes with Hayes feel like they have no brakes. Avid to Hayes is the same as Hayes to V-brakes IMO.

July 8, 2005, 3:48 p.m.

One word… Hope

I ride XC. I recently took my bike to some downhill runs (where needless to say I was draging the brakes the whole way due to my bikes limited downhill ability) The hopes never faded once. And in my opinion the levers have the greatest feel to them in the world.

Oh yeah, did I mention i'm runing the 4" mini in the back and the 6" in the front? thats alot of abuse for those little brakes.

So i cant even imagine how 8" rotors would perform!

Oh yeah, and when I took a spill a couple of weeks ago, the the hose ripped off the lever. All I did was loosen the bolt that the hose came out of, shove the hose back in, hand tighten the bolt, pumped the lever a couple of times and it was like nothing evere happend

In your Face, in your Face!!!

(as Peter thrusts his groin toward Meg)