anyone ride all flats all the time?

April 1, 2015, 11:53 a.m.

I'm going to back-pedal a bit and say that most of what I said about clipless is mostly in the context of a world where I'm not riding many skinnies, and the ones I do ride are relatively low consequence (Immonatory, SGS, etc). Back in the day it was a different story.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 1, 2015, 11:56 a.m.

I'm going to back-pedal a bit…

Ride, don't slide.

April 3, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

So, I dusted off the bike (hardtail) after a weird winter, put on flats, had a blast getting to grips with how to corner and ride my bike and all that - changed to clipless after feeling a bit weird on the rough stuff when riding with flats - and it feels better, as if I am more in control of the bike. But guess when I want to ride some park in the summer, I put the flats back on.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 3, 2015, 12:51 p.m.

I rode flats on my DH bike last week. Felt that after spending five weeks surfing I'd like to have my feet not attached to one spot on my bike. :???:

Not sure when the last time I rode any mtn bike was but it is safe to say it was late 2014.

I'm sort of in the clips for all camp.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 3, 2015, 6:35 p.m.

I rode flats on my DH bike last week. Felt that after spending five weeks surfing I'd like to have my feet not attached to one spot on my bike. :???:

Not sure when the last time I rode any mtn bike was but it is safe to say it was late 2014.

I'm sort of in the clips for all camp.

I hear you brother! When you are clipped in, you are well and truly bonded to your bike. The roles of master and servant subtly intertwined and interchanging as the ride progresses, the destiny of rider and bike locked into one common purpose.

April 3, 2015, 7:44 p.m.

I hear you brother! When you are clipped in, you are well and truly bonded to your bike. The roles of master and servant subtly intertwined and interchanging as the ride progresses, the destiny of rider and bike locked into one common purpose.

Oh god… Its not a religious experience! Flats for life!

April 5, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

Oh god… Its not a religious experience! Flats for life!

A religious experience doesn't necessarily have to be good … take eternal damnation, for example.

April 5, 2015, 7:08 p.m.

I'm in the all flats all bikes all the time camp. I gave clips a solid chance and ran them exclusively for more than one season but I just plain have more fun on flats. Way more confidence for me on flats.

April 5, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

I wear flats when I take my 8 year old mountain biking…. I spend a lot of time walking and getting off the bike. :)

April 6, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

A religious experience doesn't necessarily have to be good … take eternal damnation, for example.

Or being judged by the Inquisition.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 6, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

Biking can be a religious experience, sorts of. The argument about which pedal to choose and why becomes a pretty futile one, then. Riding is what its all about. Well, but then….is that one sick corner down that one sick trail after the jump and the small drop more fun on flats or while clipped in? Hmm…Whisky is awesome.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 6, 2015, 3:45 p.m.

All I know is I'm tired of saying to myself "I would have cleared that if I had been on my clips" and then later saying "I would have cleared that if I have been on flats." Jesus Christ, Buster, just fucking man up and ride ya pussy.

Wrong. Always.

April 6, 2015, 9:30 p.m.

All I know is I'm tired of saying to myself "I would have cleared that if I had been on my clips" and then later saying "I would have cleared that if I have been on flats." Jesus Christ, Buster, just fucking man up and ride ya pussy.

what i,m getting tired of is my feet bouncing around and not being in the position i want them to be in certain sections . i enjoy flats but am leaning more and more to clipless as i start getting faster

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 6, 2015, 11:38 p.m.

I ride flats on mtb and clips on my road bike. I may consider clips for the mtb if I ever start doing more xc/climby stuff but the majority I ride DH so clips seem kinda pointless other than perfect foot position all the time.

April 7, 2015, 7:23 a.m.

From a coach's perspective.

https://medium.com/@Dirt_School/why-do-we-recommend-flat-pedals-for-learning-6a6489ba7c2d

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/