Anyone ridden or own a Rocky Mountain Flatline?

March 15, 2008, 10:06 p.m.

I am just curious as I'd like to hear some feedback as to how the bikes ride. I gotta be honest, I currently ride Coves but have always liked the look of the RMX and was excited about the new Flatline…….until I saw pics……beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

But, putting the look of the thing aside, I'd be curious to get some feedback from folks who have actually ridden the thing. Thanks everyone.

March 15, 2008, 10:15 p.m.

My buddy over at Sicklines is testing one and said its a damn nice bike. Rear end tracks very well. Personally I think they look sic sic and more sic.

March 16, 2008, 9:39 a.m.

I've done a few google searches and haven't turned up much. This summer I plan on getting a big bike and I'm considering the Flatline 3 and the Aline park. I was told by the local rocky dealer a flatline 3 would be about $3600ish. I think it looks pretty sweet. Just wish I could afford the Flatline Pro, but the 3 is pretty sweet! :)

total scam. he put food before beer.

March 17, 2008, 8:18 a.m.

Last I heard production of the first batch was scheduled for completion mid April meaning most shops won't see it until the end of the month. So we'll have to wait a bit for rider input.

March 17, 2008, 8:32 a.m.

After a certain someone bailed on Cypress, he looked at my HT SS and said that I could do a few laps on it.

It's a big DH bike, no hiding that at all. Pedalling that thing up anywheere is going to be very interesting….

But… point it down hill and the thing rails the corners. Super solid, stable platform…

Only one gripe… the BB is fairly low, for a more stable platform… so I had to get used to working the pedals at ever corner becuase I had a tendancey to clip things.

A very capable Dh bike.

Didn't like the looks at first, but doesn't bother me anymore.

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

March 17, 2008, 9 a.m.

Only one gripe… the BB is fairly low

For a DH bike, that's a good thing. The shore just isn't a great place to take a race bike out if you ask me. I tried with my DH bike, and just got frustrated with getting the cranks hung up all the time, but up at Whistler is where a bike like that would really shine.