Anyone ridden a 2006 Slayer?

Aug. 15, 2006, 4:57 p.m.

I've done the parking-lot test, but that doesn't tell you too much. The magazines seem to like it, but they avoid comparing it to the other notable all-mountain rides (Nomad, Enduro, etc). Can anybody provide an informed opinion on how it rides?

Thanks!

Aug. 15, 2006, 10:28 p.m.

hmm. well, it is a little hard to describe. it descends well, and descending is definately it's forte. when it comes to climbing, the nomad beats it.

Aug. 15, 2006, 10:53 p.m.

Took one for a spin in the Spring (in the Soquel Demo Forest in Santa Cruz) - had a super fun ride. It bobbed a bit climbing, but felt super smooth on the descent. Usually I feel a bit out of sorts when I hop on a new bike, but I was comfortable on it right away.

I'm short (5'2") and previous version of the Slayer had minimal stand over clearance for me. The re-design this year gives me more room, and the bike over all felt less tall - for me it just fit really well. Previously the bike leaned more to the XC side of things and that's changed with the 06 model.

I haven't ridden either the Nomad or Enduro or another "all-mountain" (my main rig is a Knolly V-tach - which pedals smoother on the climb, but is much heavier!) to compare it to though sorry.

Boils down to where/what you're looking to ride, and fit…

Happy shopping,
pd