anyone own an enduro or enduro evo?

March 10, 2011, 8:22 p.m.

What do you think? Weights and such Pros cons?

March 10, 2011, 8:45 p.m.

I've got a 2010 Enduro Comp. Haven't had it on the scale, but I would guess ~32 lbs for a large. I love the bike; it climbs and descends very well. It has a longish top-tube that I find comfortable and allows me to run a shorter stem. The relatively slack head angle means that you need to concentrate to keep it from wandering on the climbs, but I've found that getting on the nose of the saddle and using a little body english allows me to grind up even the steep stuff. The bike also climbs efficiently without use of the propedal, especially if you're on something bumpier than a fireroad. Coming down, the bike is stable and nimble. I doubt I'm much slower on the Enduro than my old dh bike, and I very rarely feel like I need "more bike" (keep in mind I haven't done any resort riding). The Comp was spec'd with a Lyrik R that could use more lsc, but mission control dampers (or the Enduro Expert) are an easy fix.

Coles notes: I [HTML_REMOVED]3 my Enduro.

March 10, 2011, 9:05 p.m.

The EVO is amazing. I seriously considered buying one this year.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

March 10, 2011, 9:10 p.m.

I have an Anthem right now but am looking for something with a little more travel. It seems like an almost freeride bike but light.
It could handle a day in the park with ease lol

March 10, 2011, 9:17 p.m.

I am unsure to the pedalling ability between the evo and the comp. The coil air debate I presume. Both bikes are nice. The Slayer I was looking at seemed too XC in the cockpit.

March 13, 2011, 5:48 p.m.

I've got an enduro expert that I turned into something similar to the evo. I found a way to mount a coil on the rear and that added a little weight, but out of the box a size large was just over 32lbs. I've made it a little more fr oriented so it ways 34lbs now. I've ridden it at WBP and had no problem riding the gnarly trails. Pretty hard to beat if your only going to have one bike.

March 13, 2011, 7:21 p.m.

My Expert is 30.5lbs.

If you want a 50/50 climb/descend compromise I would stick with the standard Enduro.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 13, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

The expert it is
thx

April 27, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

Anybody have any experience with the E160 specialized forks? Looking at a 2010 enduro with the pro build and it comes spec'd with this fork. Want to use the bike for everything, with descending being the priority.

April 27, 2011, 12:21 p.m.

Anybody have any experience with the E160 specialized forks? Looking at a 2010 enduro with the pro build and it comes spec'd with this fork. Want to use the bike for everything, with descending being the priority.

not a good fork..at all

feel sub-standard compared to current RS and Fox 35mm/36mm forks

best trick?

get the basic 2010 Enduro and upgrade the basic Lyric with a Mission Control damper = awesome

April 27, 2011, 12:31 p.m.

I have a 2011 Enduro Comp to which I added a RC2DH cart to the Lyric R. I love the bike. Mines a medium and weighs about 30lbs. I find it climbs WAAAAAY better than my Heckler with a 160mm fork, and the suspension works when you apply the brakes!!

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

April 27, 2011, 7:36 p.m.

I picked up a 2011 Enduro Expert back in December, and have certainly enjoyed it. I went from a Norco Fluid to the Enduro. Less pedal bob then the fluid, and so much better on the down of course.

I did upgrade the fork internals on the standard Float R to the travel adjust Talas internals (120-160). It does drop the BB and tilt the seat forward a bit, however on climbs up Fromme or Old Buck, it's nice.

I also went straight to the Reverb instead of the stock command post.

Sorry- no scale shots. Never weighed it. likely 32ish.

April 27, 2011, 8:31 p.m.

i just a bought a 2009 expert. its pretty awesome. climbs excellently particulary with the talas on the front dropped down. almost feels like two completely diff bikes on the ascent and the descent. the only thing i would like is a 36 rather than 32 on the front, and maybe a chain guide/bash guard. i think they are both standard on the 2011…

April 27, 2011, 9:17 p.m.

Im thinking of downsizing from a DH bike to a 2011 Enduro EVO to get more Fromme type riding in but am wondering how well it would handle on the steeper rougher trails like sexgirl/boy and shuttle days, anyone got experience on the Shore with one of these??

nobody is this dumb.

April 28, 2011, 7:20 a.m.

People generally have it covered, but I've had my medium 2011 Expert out for nearly a dozen rides so far, and I love it.

Weight is 31 lbs 11 oz including Straitline flats (again, medium frame). I think the Comp might be a touch lighter since it doesn't have an adjustable seatpost.

The two minor niggles I have with it so far:

1. I have a pretty short inseam, so I can't drop the post quite as far as I would like (there seems to be a bumper welded into the seat tube). If I could get an extra half inch, I'd be a happier camper. As is, I'm running it higher and riding it in the middle position. It still gives me one extra position compared to any bike I've ever had before, but I would prefer all three. Cutting a Command Post voids the warranty because the valve would be exposed if you took anything at all off the bottom.
  2. I've never had a bike with such a light front end when climbing in the granny. In practical terms, this just means I have to sit a bit forward on the seat or stand up for steep pitches. It's not an XC race bike, so I can definitely live with this.

Some outstanding features:

1. I love the fork, even though I know it's not a high-end Fox. I've had a lot of bikes, but this is only my second Fox fork, and my experience has been the same on both. Set it and forget it. The fork just works. It disappears under you and soaks up the trail the way you'd expect a great fork to (except on the odd steep climb, as mentioned above).
  2. I'm new having an adjustable seatpost, but I love it. Again, I wish I could use all three positions, but even as is, I use the post adjustment almost as much as the front derailleur.
  3. The geometry and standover are right for me. Also having a 2009 SX Trail in the stable, the Enduro immediately felt familiar and capable. There's no denying the blood line.
  4. Looks hot in black on white.

I honestly couldn't be much happier with it.