Anyone have experience with Intend Bicycle Products

Dec. 5, 2019, 10:16 p.m.

Looks like they are trying to fill a niche in the bicycle components industry through clever engineering. Anyone ever actually tried any of these. Specifically I am wondering about their seatpost clamps, stems or forks.

The Hero looks a little sexy if you ask me

And this stem is also lust worthy

Anyone actually used anything from this company? Pretty expensive; the fork is 1800 euros :0

Dec. 6, 2019, 5:16 a.m.

I think Thaad has their fork.

Dec. 6, 2019, 8:43 a.m.

That stem looks a bit skeletal. Not so much in the bar clamp arena but the steer tube clamp. I’ve had a few stems with 5mm hardware and not much steer clamp surface area not stay tight. I much prefer 6mm bolts and full steer tube contact.

Dec. 6, 2019, 10:17 a.m.

I don't think the fork is expensive at all - given how much we pay for mass produced forks from mature companies with a wide range of products. SRAM and Fox can amortize the cost of their high end forks over the 10s of thousands they make every year, in factories that make 100s of thousands of forks. Subsidised by the 100s of thousands of other forks they sell into the OEM.

It's more crazy that we pay so much for Fox and SRAM product than the fact a boutique builder with unique solutions charges E1800. After exchange rate and removal of VAT the fork is under $2100CAD. Pretty crazy - isn't a Lyrik Ultimate MSRP at $1650CAD? I know they don't sell at that price but again, that's the mass market vs the boutique. Even at a 'street price' of $1300CAD for a Lyrik Ultimate, I don't think it's that big of a mark up.

I'd support that mad engineer in a heartbeat if I had the money.

He's the guy that in trying to find environmentally friendly packaging to protect his product came up with the idea of using non stick pan scourers. They protect the fork and are reusable, unlike most packaging materials. Way 'outside the box' thinking. It's a shame we're so locked into MY cycles and incremental changes year after year that his products seem too expensive.

Last edited by: nouseforaname on Dec. 6, 2019, 10:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 6, 2019, 11:46 a.m.

This guy gets quite a bit of coverage in German mtb media. He basically works from home, this "house visit" is pretty cool:

https://www.mtb-news.de/news/hausbesuch-intend-bc/

Dec. 7, 2019, 5:06 a.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

I don't think the fork is expensive at all - given how much we pay for mass produced forks from mature companies with a wide range of products. SRAM and Fox can amortize the cost of their high end forks over the 10s of thousands they make every year, in factories that make 100s of thousands of forks. Subsidised by the 100s of thousands of other forks they sell into the OEM.

It's more crazy that we pay so much for Fox and SRAM product than the fact a boutique builder with unique solutions charges E1800. After exchange rate and removal of VAT the fork is under $2100CAD. Pretty crazy - isn't a Lyrik Ultimate MSRP at $1650CAD? I know they don't sell at that price but again, that's the mass market vs the boutique. Even at a 'street price' of $1300CAD for a Lyrik Ultimate, I don't think it's that big of a mark up.

I'd support that mad engineer in a heartbeat if I had the money.

He's the guy that in trying to find environmentally friendly packaging to protect his product came up with the idea of using non stick pan scourers. They protect the fork and are reusable, unlike most packaging materials. Way 'outside the box' thinking. It's a shame we're so locked into MY cycles and incremental changes year after year that his products seem too expensive.

Funny thing is a new Monster T was stupid $$$ back in the day. Think I paid $1600.00CAD for mine in 2000.