Anybody running xx1? How's it holding up?

May 25, 2013, 11:17 a.m.

lol, definitely should be going to his lbs to get his bike worked on.

No, telling off the mechanic for installing a cassette that causes the narrow/wide chainring and chain to get out of sync will just get you kicked out. :D Should stick to home hacking.

June 7, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

One ride for me thus far and no problems. As some of you know I've been off the bike for over a year and I'm making a humble return now. Six rides in 10 days and I'm feeling pretty good. Only one on the XX1 though and I think I need to drop down to the 30 tooth ring for some of the tech climbs on my Enduro. I was fishing for one more gear at my current fitness level.

Otherwise I loved the range, the lack of front derailleur and the sweet, sweet silence!

June 7, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

I have a Chromag 32, 11-36, XTR Clutch and I don't think I can make the chain any shorter, an MRP XC chain guide and I have dropped the chain a handful of times. I have ordered the Race Face 30 tooth wide narrow ( we'll see if actually shows up) and maybe that'll work better. The shop spoke with RF and claim June arrival of the 30 tooth.

I am considering just doing the XX1 thing but I hate two piece cranks. They often creak. And it's SRAM.

Have you checked the tension on the cluth mechanism on your XTR? The Shimano ones wear in and need an adjustment after the wear in period. Makes a huge difference.

For me, 5 months on XX1 (or more, I forget). It's the bees knees. Just gotta stay on top of my chain wear. 32T on a 27.5 wheel is the ticket, 34 if I'm feeling tough.

June 7, 2013, 3:53 p.m.

Since moving to a 29er I have been finding my 1x10 28 by 11.x36 setup to be barely doable for some of the steep climbs and my wussy legs….and I have a 30t 104 bcd wolftooth ring on the way….a bit scared about it. Really wish I had a XX1 setup with the big ass cassette range out back to help with the climbs. Can't wait for the tech to trickle down to X9 land where I can afford it…lol.

June 7, 2013, 3:54 p.m.

Have you checked the tension on the cluth mechanism on your XTR? The Shimano ones wear in and need an adjustment after the wear in period. Makes a huge difference.

For me, 5 months on XX1 (or more, I forget). It's the bees knees. Just gotta stay on top of my chain wear. 32T on a 27.5 wheel is the ticket, 34 if I'm feeling tough.

Sweet tip!

Link to how to:

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/trail-tech-how-to-adjust-a-shimano-shadow-plus-rear-derailleur--36461/

June 7, 2013, 4:22 p.m.

I've been riding my xx1 for about it week. Works as advertised.

I've been able to climb everything with the 32t. The extra torque makes makes getting over wet roots a bit more tricky, but that might just be a practice thing.

I may get a 28t for the Chilcotins since the altitude is pretty rough.

The shifter isn't as fancy as the shimano xtr setup. Only one click to go down the cogs.. and 5? to go up. The paddle to go down only clicks in one direction (vs the xtr where you can use your thumb or index and moves 2 gears).

I definitely prefer the installation for the xtr cranks over the xx1 setup with the preload adjuster, bb end caps and all that garbage (preload only on pb30, bb30 version).

There are no bash rings available unless you swap spiders (ns billet). You could go taco style.

The pulleys on the derailleur are keyed like the chain ring is. When removing the wheel, sometimes the chain can move out of order, requiring you to mess around for a bit to get it back in line.

Overall, happy with the setup.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 8, 2013, 8:08 a.m.

Have you checked the tension on the cluth mechanism on your XTR? The Shimano ones wear in and need an adjustment after the wear in period. Makes a

Yes a couple times actually. I checked it recently and it seemed good but it can't hurt to fiddle a bit. It might be my style where I back peddle to put the outside peddle down. It's one thought I had. I do it subconsciously.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 8, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

because tig welder.

June 9, 2013, 11:40 a.m.

because tig welder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_x_4UElTDI

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

June 15, 2013, 8:16 p.m.

Hit my first issue with the xx1 setup.

The pulleys on the derailleur are keyed like the chain ring. On my setup the jockey pulley is jumping out of position on the chain by one tooth… causing a kind of clicking sound.

Basically it stops meshing with the chain properly requiring me to stop and fix it.

This has been happening most on rough trails like neds.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 15, 2013, 8:21 p.m.

Hit my first issue with the xx1 setup.

The pulleys on the derailleur are keyed like the chain ring. On my setup the jockey pulley is jumping out of position on the chain… causing a kind of clicking sound.

Basically it stops meshing with the chain properly requiring me to stop and fix it.

This has been happening most on rough trails like neds.

You stop because you don't like the sound, or you don't like the sound, and the thing ain't shifting anymore?

June 15, 2013, 8:30 p.m.

You stop because you don't like the sound, or you don't like the sound, and the thing ain't shifting anymore?

It still shifts, but I stop because the pulley is plastic and running it that way will cause it to wear.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 15, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

lol, definitely should be going to his lbs to get his bike worked on.

This. But for you.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 15, 2013, 10:13 p.m.

lulz, still butt hurt, huh?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 19, 2013, 12:47 p.m.

XO1…………

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/feature/Sneak-Peek-First-Glimpse-of-SRAMs-X01-Drivetrain,183

Shed head!