Any ridden new Schwalbe Addix soft or super soft compound?

Jan. 3, 2018, 8:26 p.m.

Posted by: graviton

Guys some questions:

--how is the addix soft magic mary compared to the trailstar?

--Also, which is a better allrounder tyre: magic mary soft or dhf maxterra?

--better allrounder rear tyre: aggressor or nobby nic?

I find my Aggressor just okay as a winter tear tire. It rolls alright but can clog up a bit on softer trail surfaces, and it’s dual compound so, while it wears well, it can be a bit exciting on wet roots.

On my other bike, I have a dual compound High Roller 2. I was expecting it to be an anchor but it rolls surprisingly well, not noticeably worse than the Aggressor. The open tread pattern clears mud/slop much better. It’s the same rubber compound as the Aggressor so it isn’t much better on wet roots and rocks. I’d try the softer 3C version, but I don’t know how much slower it would be, and those thin knobs might wear quickly.

Last edited by: D_C_ on Jan. 3, 2018, 8:27 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 21, 2018, 2:40 a.m.

Any updated comments on Addix series tires? Thinking about trying Magic Mary's again on the DH bike. I used SuperGravity casing in the past instead of the wire bead DH and got away with it. Loved the grip but tires wore stupid fast so I switched to DHF/DHR II. Was thinking MM SuperGravity Ultra Soft 2.35 front and Soft 2.35 rear.

2.35 measures the same as the previous VertStar SG 2.35 after a few days from the sounds of it? My rims are 26 inner diameter.

Last edited by: grambo on May 21, 2018, 2:41 a.m., edited 1 time in total.