any Helly Hansen fans

May 10, 2018, 8:47 a.m.

I wouldn't be surprised if they split into 2 lines - good stuff that gets sold elsewhere and crap that gets sold in Cdn Tire.

Big fan of HH, both the sport stuff and the work wear line.

May 11, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

Their work wear is already sold at Mark’s

Bro, Brah, Bruh

May 11, 2018, 2:11 p.m.

CT owns Atmosphere and Sport Chek I believe; I'd expect things to remain the same mostly, and for the gear to show up en masse there and not in CT.

May 14, 2018, 8:27 p.m.

CT has been buying up a lot of local companies . And yes they own both Atmosphere and Sport Chek. I purchased some stuff at both stores and was told either will take each others products in return.

May 15, 2018, 9:08 a.m.

I am betting it makes what CT pay for RE per sq foot cheaper if they can take over more of a mall and make deals as a very large retail company, Marks and sport check are in the same mall up here so they got a pretty big chunk of the building, if you times that by all of Canadathat is a lot of clout

Canuck tire in Vancover was very different than the rest of Canada in that the guys who wangled the deal in the very begining got a franchise for ALL of Vancover so all them stores were owned by a couple of guys, they were ex-IBM salesman was the storey I was told, i don't know where thats at now but those guys were pretty smart/did very well

Locally a sportcheck pretty much drove another ski store with the same kind of junk products out of business but obviously we had too many ski stores so  we peaked at 5 ski stores, 2 stores amalgamated/dropped the valhalla pure franchise and one went under leaving 3 ski stores

Of course the internet has changed gear sales bigtime so there are now 3 places to buy skis but you don't pay the bills like that ... they make the money on clothes

Last edited by: XXX_er on May 15, 2018, 12:43 p.m., edited 2 times in total.